• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Issues with Summa Cut D520

Copitoice

Hi everyone !

Fortunately, I've been given a SummaCut D520 plotter but I'm having some issues installing it. I've contacted Spanish Summa customer service and they said the plotter is very old so they don't have any spares or any information to help me about installation.

This has been the process that I followed:

- I have an old laptop that has a COM port where I plugged the plotter.
- I already have Corel Draw X5 installed on my computer.
- I've installed WinPlot.
- I've installed Summa Cutter Tools.

Everything seems to work properly but, when I try to send the .cdr file to be plotted, the program says there is no plotter installed. Well, I try to install and there appears a list of plotters available to install but my D520 doesn't appears on that list.

What I have to do to cut my vectorized files on my D520?

Thanks a lot to everyone and sorry for the long explanation.

Border

You can try installing the D620 and see if it might work, if that is on the list.
Also, Make sure COM1 is selected as the port and not COM2.

Jim Doggett

Hi everyone !

Fortunately, I've been given a SummaCut D520 plotter but I'm having some issues installing it. I've contacted Spanish Summa customer service and they said the plotter is very old so they don't have any spares or any information to help me about installation.

This has been the process that I followed:

- I have an old laptop that has a COM port where I plugged the plotter.
- I already have Corel Draw X5 installed on my computer.
- I've installed WinPlot.
- I've installed Summa Cutter Tools.

Everything seems to work properly but, when I try to send the .cdr file to be plotted, the program says there is no plotter installed. Well, I try to install and there appears a list of plotters available to install but my D520 doesn't appears on that list.

What I have to do to cut my vectorized files on my D520?

Thanks a lot to everyone and sorry for the long explanation.

In CoCut, the port state settings need to match the cutter's proper settings. Also confirm that the cutter is in DMPL and not HPGL mode. You can check that with Summa Cutter Control, which should be installed when you add cutter tools.