• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

It just wont gel together

Des6139

Any ideas welcome

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-06-24 at 22.02.32.jpg
    Screen shot 2013-06-24 at 22.02.32.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

Jillbeans

Must you use that font?
If you have to, can you unsquish it?
I'd stack it on the sides like you did on the back.
But I would abandon that font altogether if possible.
All-caps can be hard to read.
Try Allied in a script on to then WHEEL (all caps) on top of refinishing.
Make the giant wheel smaller.
Is the truck white, grey or chrome color?
I'd make the lettering in a color with more contrast.
Love....Jill

Des6139

Thanks for the reply jillbeans
I am still tweeking things
The van is silver
i like the non all caps idea.
Cheers Des :toasting:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Nothing needs to gel with that........ sorry, but all of those layouts are rather bad.

Also, I never saw a number start with 'eighteen hundred' before.

This is really a good example of how important a good layout/design really is. All the effects, pictures and doo-dads won't help poor execution of elements. Get rid of all that and place things for a nice clean flow and insert whatever effects for where it could be used at the end. If a ginormous picture is required, then make that your focal point, but don't annihilate the name in doing so.

Marlene

your balance is way off. the letters looks squished like you ran out of room, the wheel way off to the side and then a big blank empty space with nothing going on. see SignManica's layout as he balanced it out nicely.

John Butto

I think he is trying to have alloywheelrefurbishment.ie all in one word, (has the .ie jammed on the end). That is why he is having the gel problem. So he should break it up as Maniac did and put that long wording some other place.

Des6139

I think he is trying to have alloywheelrefurbishment.ie all in one word, (has the .ie jammed on the end). That is why he is having the gel problem. So he should break it up as Maniac did and put that long wording some other place.

Thanks guys
That is my main problem (alloywheelrefurbishment.ie) customer wants it
The 1800 number is an Irish freephone number:banghead:

Marlene

also like what John did. if you do none of suggestions, please look at why the re-done layouts work and your layout doesn't. that big hole where there is nothing but a phone number floating and with all the rest crammed up against the edges like the copy and graphic are afraid of what it in the empty space doesn't work. keep trying as we've seen blaa layouts go to great layouts around here.

rjpjr

Any ideas welcome

Not a big fan of the tireless rim. Consider following the lead of their web site... see attached photo...and show a clipped portion of a NICE car along with a nice mounted rim. Let the whole package help sell the idea of quality.

Attachments

• x2.jpg
    x2.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 74
  • x1.jpg
    x1.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 86

Des6139

Got it done & the customer is delighted with it

Attachments

• 2013-07-06 15.50.58.jpg
    2013-07-06 15.50.58.jpg