• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ITL Inks

Rooster

Hey guys, first post here. Looks like a knowledgeable bunch to bounce this off of.

Does anybody have any experience using the ITL brand inks (JV2) with their Mimaki JV33's or JV5's?

They have an Orange/Green ink available and it would be nice to run a CMYKLcLmOG inkset for the type of work I plan on doing. I need up-close viewable quality with a wide gamut. Seems to be the best solution, but I have no experience with this company or it's products.

Neil

Hi Rooster,
I use ITL mild solvent inks in my converted roland and they work well - no clogging, easy maintenance etc.
There are some materials it doesn't like though but your JV2 inks may be a bit stronger in that respect.
I have been running OG (hexachrome) inkset for 3 years now but I've never been able to make or get any new profiles.
Since I bought an EyeOne and now do my own CMYK profiles I find that I hardly use the OG colours anymore.
I prefer using my own CMYK 4 colour profiles so I get more accurate reproduction.

I use hexachrome if I want bright oranges - that's about all it's good for IMO.

As for your 8 colour setup including OG - I would find out if there's anyone out there who can profile these colours first because you'll be hard pressed to find anyone to do it and I don't think ITL will be much help here either.

My advice would be to stick with dual CMYK and get proper profiles made. The ITL inks are fine but OG is out of the realm of being supported anywhere.

Rooster

Thanks Neil,

I make all my own profiles with a DTP41UV and a copy of Monaco Profiler Platinum which can support hexachrome and 4 + 4spot colors for custom profiles. I'm least worried about that end of it. Color management is kind of my forte. I can't use the dual CMYK because the highlights would get too grainy for my application. So if those two extra channels are just going to sit there, let's put them to work!

What kind of materials do they have problems with? That's definitely a concern. Also where do you buy yours if you don't mind my asking? I sent ITL an email last week but they haven't gotten back to me with any info yet.