• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

It's called ingenuity

signmeup

Another garage screen printer with a homemade set-up taking the income of the real pros. Come on get real man if you want to be a screenprinter buy some equipment, invest in training and spend thousands on the correct supplies and quit trying to build your own big squeggee.
If people didn't make things with their own hands we would not have any innovation or commercial products to buy. I'm guessing you'd be out of work.

People who make their own equipement are the type of people who often end up as manufacturers. Like whoever made your "Pro" gear. I bet he made stuff in his garage at some point.

Your example is dissproving your own point. Dale is a guy who tinkered in his garage and came up with a new product called "the big squeegee" and then manufactured it.

What if Flame came up with some clever little innovation that would benefit you while he was tinkering with his homemade screen print setup?

kage

heres my homemade press, i used a barstool swivel for the base. I also use calendared vinyl for small runs...up to 48 pieces with vinyl. i mirror,reverse weed and stick it to the shirt side of the screen and saves from having to burn and reclaim. saves alot of time and this little press makes me good money.
Thanks for sharing Flame.

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 84
My reply is simple if Flame or one of the cronies does something it is okay, but the guy down the street with a plotter and a minivan is a hillbilly, or worse. I know Dale and he is one super guy and I own several of his products and will soon buy more, my point is simple Live and Let Live and quit bashing everybody else.

daveb

General Know-it-all
My, somebody's had a bad day....
Gettin' called a redneck by Mosh... Flame, you have arrived!
My uncle built one once out of a Chevy pickup frame, a bunch of tie rod ends and a couple of U-joints. Everything was great until he fired up the flat-head, got ugly fast!:Big Laugh
Props to American ingenuity, the engine of prosperity!:U Rock:

G-Artist

We stopped doing textiles a few years back...no competing with those folks printing
in a spare bedroom (and there are many). We will do shirts for a political campaign
if we do everything else, but that's it. What I did over 30 years ago was to make
a pin registration system to handle both multi-color jobs and single color jobs.
Cheap and easy to build and as effective today (coro signs) as it was then.

I am sure there must be Web sites that explain all that. Something worthwhile
to investigate, I'm sure.

frontside

ah !ah ! i recon this press .... you must have taken the plans here http://www.printingplans.com/

happy to see old school stuff is always doing money !
i've started my own business like this and have upgraded my setup to a professional manual press (as my orders are not bigger than 5000 t-shirts in a year -mostly for punk and hardcore bands ;-)))) )

If you only do this , 15000 t-shirts/year is something you can do (500/600 t-shirts a week is easy to realize )
In a production way , the most important thing for me is not the press but the conveyor dryer .

Signguyno1

I built my own four color rotary manual printer over forty years ago, still works perfectly today. Also pictured are two shirts printed on this unit.

Attachments

• DSC02823.jpg
    DSC02823.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC02825.jpg
    DSC02825.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC02826.jpg
    DSC02826.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC02157.jpg
    DSC02157.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC02152.jpg
    DSC02152.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 70

signmeup

My reply is simple if Flame or one of the cronies does something it is okay, but the guy down the street with a plotter and a minivan is a hillbilly, or worse. I know Dale and he is one super guy and I own several of his products and will soon buy more, my point is simple Live and Let Live and quit bashing everybody else.
Hey!!...I resemble that remark!

kage

I built my own four color rotary manual printer over forty years ago, still works perfectly today. Also pictured are two shirts printed on this unit.
That's sweet, mine holds great registration too ... sez a man with the rubber mallet...taptaptap....taptap.

1leonchen

great work. i like your style. i bought my press but i am in the process of building my dryer.in the end i hope to spend 600 dollars max. the frame is out of 2 by 2 aluminum.which i got for free. fiber glass belt $60 dollars, flash with temp control $400. only thing left to do is to build the shafts and mount the motor. will post pics soon.