• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Its critique time.

Flubber

I have sent this customer numerous layouts and he is dead set on these elements and i just cant seem to come up with something that i like with these elements so imma leave to the hand and ideas of you guys.:covereyes:

Attachments

• soccer team logo.JPG
    soccer team logo.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 118

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
how much research have you done... there are a million cool soccer logos.

One, the stick dude does not go with the other graphic elements, it's too "lil' kiddie" looking, if they insist on that lame dude, it will take a miracle to make that logo look presentable..

The soccer ball seems too detailed.

BOB is the wrong typeface, use a bold, sporty san serif typeface...

And the biggest mistake I see (and too many times...) tone down the red white and blue to a darker red and blue. Look at the colors (and the ball) of the US soccer logo... still red, white and blue, but the colors and simplified ball make it clean.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:US_Soccer_logo.svg

Flubber

the updated one but the other pic is what i sent them at first and his wife said no.....:banghead:

Attachments

• soccer team logo.JPG
    soccer team logo.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 107
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 123

Flubber

and yes i am stuck with the stick man, i even tried a diff player but he insisted on the stick man

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
With that stick man, all you are doing is polishing a mushy turd... if it were me, tell the guy to take a hike, or do it and collect the check...

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Yep, broken leg Gumby has to go...
If not, the ball needs to go on the other side so he looks like he's kicking it.

visual800

font sucks, doesnt match the theme....and then of course all the elements do not match. Its almost like this logo is trying to be prestigious with off the wall junk thrown in (no disrespect) I think the shield is limiting your imagination

Jillbeans

I think your customer (after paying you, of course) needs to be beaten about the head and shoulders with a 10# bag of rotten potatoes.
Love....Jill

Moze

Precision Sign Services
No offense to you since its customer-driven, but I thought the stick man was a placeholder...like 'this is where the real image will go once it's decided on'. That's horrible, it looks like it was drawn with a finger on an iPad or something. I agree with MikePaul, the ball and fleur de lis should be opposite each other with the player in the center. I can't believe the customer is cool with that stick figure.

SignManiac

If push came to shove, this is how I would tackle it. The fluerdeles and soccer ball are close in size so I would keep them side by side so that there is an overall balance in the design. I'd definitely trash the stick figure and go with something that at least resembled a soccer player and had a little more weight to the design than a stick figure.

So even your turd can be polished a little bit.

Attachments

• SOCCERBOB.jpg
    SOCCERBOB.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

ucmj22

there is really no sense in critiquing this when the stick man and overly detailed ball are set in stone. just giv'em their bag-o-s**t and be done with it.

Flubber

I only charged the guy my 2hr min so i wasn't about to email back n forth back n forth. I put in what he ask me to and did the best i could with it. The reason for the stick man is bc he says "we are just a bunch of stick guys"......what the he$$ does that supposed to mean???? It was like he wanted no creativity just stuff thrown together. But hey i was paid within an hr after i sent the proof to him so I'm not complaining.