• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Its fixed.

tjsigns

So i was having major issues with the printer Mimaki JV3 160SP. Banding, Ink Starvation the lot. So went through all the normal procedures.( I am now running third party inks,the problems started after about 100m of print)

Cleaning Heads
Nozzle Wash
Checked Capping Station
Cleaned Capping Station
Checked Pumps
Found Pump Leaking Ink
Replaced Both Pumps
Still same
Replaced Capping Station
Still Same
Removed Dampers & Flushed Heads Manually
Slightly Better but still bad
Posted on Signs 101 for Help.
Spent over 6 hours reading through all posts regarding similar problems.
Drank lots of Coffee
Checked head Rankings
Still Same
Decided to remove all dampers and reverse flush the lines and dampers into empty cartridges i had.
Installed the Third Party Inks i was running
Pulled Ink back into Dampers
Pulled Ink through Heads from Lines Near Pumps
Had a bit of a sigh as i realised id just lost approx 50mls ink on each cart.
Started Printer up
Done test print...100%
Printed previous file i was having bad issues with
PERFECT
Tried C M Y K test with colour correction off(which previously was horrible)
AWSOME

I have put this list together to try and help others.I bought this printer 4 months ago and i didnt have a clue how they work. I was probably thrown in at the deep end as the Mimaki seems to be pretty high maintenance, but saying that...the print quality for a machine that cost me under $3000 is awsome. I hope this list helps others with some of the problems they are having with there printer.

Ive included a couple of pics of the printer in action.

Cheers

George

George

Attachments

• 20130611_200515 (Large).jpg
    20130611_200515 (Large).jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 100
  • 20130611_201057 (Large).jpg
    20130611_201057 (Large).jpg
    90 KB · Views: 94

ddarlak

Go Bills!
wait til tomorrow when it doesn't work again and you try the same steps and nothing works....

love my latex.....

tjsigns

Wow, nice reply. I'm pretty confident this time its fixed. This is only the third time its **** it self. If I could afford a latex printer I would be running one. No need to be a P***k

MikePro

:goodpost: congrats on the fix!
just make sure you keep-up on good cleaning/maintenance routine.
especially helpful in the event of some other issue arises and you've got a solid grip on the who/what/when/why/how your printer should be working properly.

p.s. love my latex
p.s.s. STILL love my Jv3

phototec

Hey TJsigns,

kudos on your fix, good to hear you got it working, keep us posted on how it goes here on out.

Also, a big THANKS to you, ever though I us ea Roland, many of these issues could help me in the future, it was great of you to show your steps and details on your process. I wish others would do that.

:rock-n-roll: :U Rock:

Suz

Hey George,
Yay! Glad you got her going again! Nothing like making money with a machine, big investments they are!