• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Its nice to have power back

fresh

We finally got power back at our shop today, as well as internet & phone. Its been a very hard week, and its going to be an even harder recovery for us on the Jersey Shore.

My home still is without power, and updated info from the power company shows that we may not get it back until this Friday, 12 days after it went out. Its getting cold, but we are very grateful to have a generator, fireplace, and now that our shop is up and running again, we can get some work done to keep our mind off of our empty bank accounts.

There are many signs around that need to be replaced (don't be thinking you should swoop in and take my jobs, please,) but it is low on the priority list. Many areas are still without power, many places are still closed, friends and family lost their homes, lost their businesses.

Here's another kicker.... I can't bring myself to call people who owe us money. The last thing I want right now is someone else reminding me about another bill to pay. That generator cost almost $900, fuel for it, over $100 so far. This has been an expensive week. Our bank account is pretty much empty and no one is calling or responding to my calls. Oy.

Finally, my husband and I got married in the freak snow storm on October 29, 2011. The power went out at 1:15, minutes before I walked down the aisle, and never came back on. This year, on October 29, 2012, we lost power around 2 pm, and it still hasn't come back on. Next year, on October 29, 2013, please be prepared for a major storm / hurricane / earthquake / locusts / meteorite in the early afternoon. Particularly if you live in New Jersey.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Glad to hear you're getting back to normal.

If there's anything we can help you with business-wise..... other than burrowing money, let us know if we can help.

fresh

Glad to hear you're getting back to normal.

If there's anything we can help you with business-wise..... other than burrowing money, let us know if we can help.

Thanks! Now if anyone was around and buying signs, I might take you up on that offer. Right now everyone is laying low, waiting for this nor-easter to undo everything again.

One good thing is all this down time gave us the opportunity to work on our business plan / SBA loan application. Have you ever applied for an SBA loan? Do you have any idea how much paperwork there is involved?!?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Thanks! Now if anyone was around and buying signs, I might take you up on that offer. Right now everyone is laying low, waiting for this nor-easter to undo everything again.

One good thing is all this down time gave us the opportunity to work on our business plan / SBA loan application. Have you ever applied for an SBA loan? Do you have any idea how much paperwork there is involved?!?

No idea. Only took out a loan for our present home and our present shop and my wife's last car. Everything else has been bought and paid for on the spot or within a time-frame of a cash deal.

I hate with all my being...... giving money away for interest. Seems like a necessary cruel evil.

fresh

No idea. Only took out a loan for our present home and our present shop and my wife's last car. Everything else has been bought and paid for on the spot or within a time-frame of a cash deal.

I hate with all my being...... giving money away for interest. Seems like a necessary cruel evil.

SBA loans are insanely cheap (i think right now its around 3.5%), but boy do they make you work for it.

lexsigns

So glad to hear you have power!

I feel so bad for everyone in NY and NJ! we were spared up here in New England. Like Gino said- anything we can help you with... say the word.

I Got a car filled with blanlets and warm clothes I am dropping off later to get sent down to people who need them I know it's cold and some lost everything- breaks my heart I cant even imagine!
Hang in there!

qmr55

We've still got a lot of people with no power around here as well! Luckily I am back to full power at my home and shop. Anyone see Jersey got hit with a earthquake last night? Nor-easter coming soon as well. Praying everybody stays safe during this time and hope nothing worse happens! Glad to see you have power back finally and good luck on getting back on your feet, it's a tough situation!