• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ive been playing with my logo, not official, but how is this going

vinylink0331

logo3.jpg I made this up really quick & it is not official but I want to get your professional opinion to see if Im headed in the right direction.

vinylink0331

After looking at it in here, i think....

I think that I should probably lighten up the color of Vinyl Ink, don't u?

R08

Yup .. try a bunch of different color combos... cause this one isn't working.

and maybe the font as well. Especially the second line with the condensed Helv.

Keep going... It's a start

hoppers

Im sorry but I cant see it after my eyes were bleeding from someones HUGE bright pink signature lines. ;)

The color gradient could work somehow, but still dont like the ink splat and well the font is pretty boring. But better then before, I'd say yes.

PS - that font in your signature really makes the quote almost un-readable. Id stick with something thinner (both in your signature and logo).

hoppers

I think the white outline idea might help as already stated...then the ink splat might look half decent since it will be more in the background.

And yes, I would lighten the colors a bit too.

weaselboogie

I usually design in black and white until I have a strong structure and then add the whistels and bangs.

If you go the other way, you simply end up with a polished turd or you're dressing up a goat or some other crazy metaphor.

R08

I usually design in black and white until I have a strong structure and then add the whistels and bangs.

If you go the other way, you simply end up with a polished turd or you're dressing up a goat or some other crazy metaphor.

Haha Nice way of putting it...
I've noticed the same thing. Get the general shapes and layout nailed first.

Joe Diaz

Like Weasel and Hudson said, Design in black and white first. Then when it comes time to add colors just replace whites with bright colors and blacks, with dark colors it’s that simple. When you’re starting out, take the logo design process one step at a time, first and most importantly make sure it is easy to read, and then move on from there. Contrast Contrast Contrast! That is what will make or break your designs.

National_Graphics_and_Imaging.jpg
Here is a logo I did a long time ago that kind of played with the whole ink/digital theme. Maybe some how incorporate a drip into the design and then you could possibly include a visual that represents the vinyl aspect of your name.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
  • What does that ‘Splat’ at the bottom signify ??
  • Why are you outlining certain letters and not others ??
  • Why is the kerning different in your two main words ??
  • Why do you have horizontal and vertical gradients within the same word ??
  • Why are so many of you color values so close to your background colors ??
  • What does ‘VINYL INK’ mean ??
  • That you do vinyl and/or ink or both ??
Yeah, get rid of that hot pink clause thing at the bottom.... it's very nauseating