Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant I've frickin' had it.............................................

Discussion in 'Adobe' started by Gino, Nov 20, 2020 at 8:51 AM.

1. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Is it the Win 7 rig mainly as picture, the Win 10 rig or both?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020 at 6:44 PM
  2. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    If all else fails give it a good kick in the hard drive. Sometimes you just have to let these things know who is boss.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  3. Johnny Best

Johnny Best Very Active Member

Dec 9, 2015
    buffalo ny
    That reminded me of a joke on how to catch a Polar Bear.. You dig a hole in the ice and put little green peas all the way around the hole and when the bear comes up to take a pee you kick him in the icehole!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Snydo

Snydo Active Member

May 1, 2008
    Mid Michigan
    I would try running Illy in Compatibility mode if you're on Windows 10. Just right-click the Illustrator icon and under 'Preferences' look for a compatibility tab and set it to Windows 7. Running older software on a current OS is asking for trouble.

5. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    I agree, test for RAM problem... that and bad caps/failing HDD are usually the cause of random crashes

6. mfatty500

mfatty500 Active Member

May 10, 2010
    Sugar Grove, Ill
    What about deleting your temp file folder? I do it every time I start my computer. I don't know if that's a thing with AI or just Corel (I use Corel)

7. GB2

GB2 Very Active Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Connecticut, USA
    Gino, I see from your image that you are running Photoshop and Quickbooks at the same time....there's probably too much money in your account and that's creating the problem...

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Steenland

Steenland Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Richmond, VA
    I have the same problem (Illustrator and InDesign quitting randomly), and I believe it's because I'm running older versions of the apps on a newer operating system. I figure it's the price I pay for refusing to give in to Adobe's subscription extortion racket.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Yeah, kinda what I'm thinking.

10. ikarasu

ikarasu Very Active Member

Jun 10, 2016
    Port Coquitlam, bc
    Have you considered installing windows 7 on your pc? In most cases it'll work fine, unless you have a rare pie e of hardware that has no drivers for windows 10... But most things do since a lot of people / businesses run windows 7 still.

11. untitled

untitled Member

May 27, 2014
    Canada
    Any time I have issues with Illustrator I will reset the preferences and that would normally clear up the issues. Pretty much close Illustrator and delete the preferences folder. When you reopen Illustrator it will automatically recreate the folder, however you will have to setup all of your menus again the way you like them.

Illustrator preferences located here --> <OSDisk>\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator <version number> Settings\en_US*\x64\Adobe Illustrator Prefs
    Adobe article about it --> About preferences

It could be a RAM or power supply issue, but you would think it would affect more than just Illustrator. Then again I have had them do weird things before.

12. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    I had tons of problems caused by a bad video card recently. Simple fix to replace, or just remove if you have onboard, and will remove that as a potential cause.