• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

J. K. Rowling's, "Casual Vacancy"

Marlene

another else read J. K. Rowling's new book "Casual Vacancy"? I was disappointed. she has a style that brings her characters to life and has a great sense of humor but both were lacking in her new book. all the characters seemed to be stereotypes with no suprises or deeper levels then what you would expect. the story line seemed to be going somewhere and I couldn't help feeling like I was waiting and felt let down when it got towards the end of the book and I realized there was no getting to the story, this was it. what did you think?

EstiSetser

A bunch of stereotypes with no real surprises? Sounds like Harry Potter, so I'm not surprised. Her attitude about writing Casual Vacancy was, quite literally, that she can write whatever she wants because of the success of HP. Really flies in the face of her marketed backstory.

Pat Whatley

She caught lightning in a bottle with the success of the Potter books. She can say what she wants about retiring the series....I'm still betting there's a whole series of Harry Potter, Jr. books coming out in the future.