Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

J. K. Rowling's, "Casual Vacancy"

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Marlene, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    another else read J. K. Rowling's new book "Casual Vacancy"? I was disappointed. she has a style that brings her characters to life and has a great sense of humor but both were lacking in her new book. all the characters seemed to be stereotypes with no suprises or deeper levels then what you would expect. the story line seemed to be going somewhere and I couldn't help feeling like I was waiting and felt let down when it got towards the end of the book and I realized there was no getting to the story, this was it. what did you think?

Tags:
  2. EstiSetser

EstiSetser New Member

Sep 13, 2012
    A bunch of stereotypes with no real surprises? Sounds like Harry Potter, so I'm not surprised. Her attitude about writing Casual Vacancy was, quite literally, that she can write whatever she wants because of the success of HP. Really flies in the face of her marketed backstory.

3. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    She caught lightning in a bottle with the success of the Potter books. She can say what she wants about retiring the series....I'm still betting there's a whole series of Harry Potter, Jr. books coming out in the future.

4. jfiscus

jfiscus Adobe Shinobi

Apr 2, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH