• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jack of all trades

Hi everyone,

I have been lurking on here for some time.

I work at a newspaper (26 years), but have a part-time business printing t-shirts and signs.

I also have a photoshop website at http://www.photoshoptrainer.com and have a couple of free tutorials up so far. I have been working with photoshop for over 10 years now. I hope to make some dvd photoshop tutorials for digital sign shops soon.

By the way, I am 55 yrs. old, male and married with 3 children, boy age 20, boy and girl age 13 (twins). My main hobby is playing gospel music, I can play several instruments with my main instrument being steel guitar.

Although I am a newbie to this forum and a bit new to making signs, I have been doing design and artwork for many years now.

I have a Vinyl Express Panther 24" cutter, and even though you all say don't buy anything with an animal name, I have had good luck with it so far. I use Vinyl Master Pro software, and like that very much.

I don't have a large format digital printer, but Dale from Signs by Dale used to be located next door to my shop, and I had a chance to design some things for him and me. In fact I have a whole DVD/CD package planned from one of the ideas I came up with and Dale printed up for me.

Oh, if you don't have a Big Squeegee (which Dale sells) you need to get one. It will save you tons of time!!! An if you are new to laying down vinyl, you can lay it down like a pro with the Big Squeegee. It has saved my life a couple of times already!!!

Ok, enough of this rambling on. I look forward to jumping in every now and then. Maybe I can help with some Photoshop questions!!!

Jim Einert
American Printwear & Signs
PhotoshopTrainer.com

Thanks for the great welcomes!!!

When you check out my photoshop site please realize I have just gotten started with it, and only have the 2 video tutorials up. I hope to post some other free stuff later so keep watching!

Thanks!
Jim

imaSIGNr

Hey Jim...we have a few things in common. I am 55 yrs old, also have twins and also have one of those cat named plotters....imaSIGNr

Bigdawg

Just Me
Welcome Jim! I started in magazine/newspaper work many, many years ago myself. Used to cut color for the grocery store ads and paste-up the regular daily pages - I bet times have changed alot since then!