• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jacksonville Jaguars New logo. Like or dislike.

showcase 66

I just got off the phone with one of my cousins who lives in the Jacksonville area and his family has had season tickets for the Jags since they opened.

Anyway, he is pissed and hates the new logo. Not sure why he called me about it, I give him crap for liking the Jags all the time, but Hey, I am a Cardinals fan so I get it all the time too.

Anyway I looked at the design and I kinda like it. Not my favorite team logo but it looks more like a jaguar than the old one.

However, The next time I see him I am going to kick his arse. Little *******, while ranting about it made this comment.
"It just sucks. Hell even you could have designed something that didnt suck as much as this."

Next family reunion. It's on.

Anyways, what does everyone think of it? Good, bad, ugly, better, worse?

Attachments

• jagoldnew.jpg
    jagoldnew.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 139
C

ColoPrinthead

I like that it holds true to the original but think it make it look a little kittyish. I'm not a fan of the increased white area of the cheeks but ultimately like it over the old I guess.

geb

I kinda like the new logo after comparing. I'd be more worried about their play.......

George

Joe Diaz

Old one is better in my opinion. It is more stylized and has more style, the other one for some reason looks like a a clip-art design that any small town peewee team might use. Just an opinion though. Don't get me wrong it's not terrible.

showcase 66

Cool site Joe. Definitely some creative ideas. For the Jags, I personally didnt like the old logo (or the team). I think it is the back of the head part that gets me. Doesnt look right to me.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
The old one looks more like a jaguar than the new one, but why stand in the way of progress ?? The team can't get any worse, so why worry about a picture ??

Why do these teams change out their logos and branding so often anyway..... is it to make money selling new sh!t or do they really think they need to re-invent themselves. Oops, silly question, they need to do something to bring the crowd back...........

DrCAS

None of the teams own their names or logos. they all belong to NFL Properties. All the monies collected from sales of all merchandise goes into a big pot and is divided up among the entire league in equal shares.

The "new" Detroit Lions design is a total rip off of the Kansas State Wildcats logo from the mouth right down to the twin swoosh stripes... Several of the other designs on that page were derivatives from other sources, too.

As far as the new Jags logo goes... I like it. I don't have to look at it much so I don't care... LOL!

Jillbeans

I think that the old one was more fierce and badass looking.
The new one is kind of wimpy/Disneyish.
The logo that I wish would get changed is our Pittsburgh Penguins one.
Love....Jill