• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion January 2021...how did everyone do?

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Just curious as to how everyone did this month. We're just about matching 2020 for January. January isnt typically busy for us anyway & can finagle a couple invoices on Monday and roll them into January. As of now only $1500 shy. Ill take that as a "win" for '21 considering all things.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Very good January, way better than last year. I do notice the last week it's slowing down a little bit. I was shocked, the week between Christmas and New Years is usually dead, not this year, I was slammed with orders and estimates. I anticipate it will slow down in February through mid-March.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Up about 20%...very busy and going into next month very busy. Been turning down quite a bit of jobs too....I can only do so much

JetPress

I have to say we had a lot of orders this January compared to the last two years. I'm hopeful this year business will be better. Last year I was starting to get a little scared from how slow it got lol

Reveal1

Because timing of payment on larger orders can screw with our numbers (we are cash basis accounting) I look at 3 month rolling average year to year. Almost exactly even, which is disappointing. Need to motivate the head sales guy (yours truly).

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Odd month for us. UK in lockdown and schools closed (schools make a huge part of our small orders).So we’re “busy” and good cash flow but it’s also quiet as it’s all just large runs. Very little user intervention needed this month. But up from this month last year!

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Because timing of payment on larger orders can screw with our numbers (we are cash basis accounting) I look at 3 month rolling average year to year. Almost exactly even, which is disappointing. Need to motivate the head sales guy (yours truly).
Even is good, we have been about exactly even year over year in gross sales for about 5 years now. I'm pretty conservative and consistency is something you can hang your hat on in my mind, it proves what you do is stable. Lots of growth builds a bubble.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Royalty earnings at the stock sites we license our clip art to were up about 10% but yesterday set a new record for earnings in a single day. I take our experience to be a reflection of how well graphic design, printing and signs are doing around the world.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing

Pewter0000

Graphic Design | Production
Sounds like everyone's doing decently, at least. We've hit our goals for the month - reasonable, since this time of the year is usually our slowest.