• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jazz Cafe Reverse Channel Letters Finished

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Awhile back I posted a layout for this sign. It is now finished and installed. This is a night time pic of it lit up. Since installing it we've sold one other job in this center and are working on layouts for two more.

Attachments

• Jazz1.jpg
    Jazz1.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 120
  • Jazz2.jpg
    Jazz2.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 100

juan45215

I can see why the other stores want your services. I'm sure this job blew everybody else out of the water.

Beautiful

cgsigns_jamie

Very nice!

I'd be interested in a few more details regarding the construction of the "Ridglea" letters.
Are those standard front-lit/back-lit letters?

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Very nice!

I'd be interested in a few more details regarding the construction of the "Ridglea" letters.
Are those standard front-lit/back-lit letters?

Yes, that's exactly what they are. I missed the part in the center's criteria that called for reverse channel letters only and we had aready submitted my design to the client with the sax and keyboard. They loved it, but of course it wouldn't work at night as a standard reverse channel letter. Our very persuasive salesman convinced the landlord to let us deviate with front and back lit letters. They went over so well we're on our 3rd additional sale in the same center, with 2 customers redoing existing signs along the lines of this design. It doesn't show up well in the pics, but there is a flat black backplate under these letters - it looks really crisp in the daytime as well.

cgsigns_jamie

As I said, Very Nice! Whoever bends your letters knows what they're doing :thumb:

I wish more of my customer's would be willing to spend the money for a nice set of letters. These days most customers only have enough in the budget for a simple set of block letters mounted to a raceway.

Front-Lit/Back-Lit have always been my favorite type of channel letter. We did a lot of the Huddle House restaurants in North Florida and those are red faces with white neon and clear backs. So at night you have a red face with a white halo, they look very sharp.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Top Quality Work Right There!!!

It's my favorite electric sign I've designed. The credit goes to the guys in the shop who built it... bending channel letters on SteveC's SignFonts script I used was a real challenge for them... and also nesting the 3 pieces of the keyboard into it. Couldn't have accomplished it without them.

Nice one!

What white glass and size did you/they use? Clear polycarb or white, for the rears?

I like how you integrated the "g" with the keys

Arlo Kalon 2.0

That's a damn fine sign Arlo.
Love....Jill
Thanks. Coming from you, that means a lot. It was literally the first idea I had for the layout and took me less than an hour to do. I labored over another idea I actually liked more, but they seized on this one. Good thing too because it has attracted 3 other businesses in the center to ask us to do signs for them.

Craig Sjoquist

That really looks nice... can understand why the new orders from that, great portfolio sample.
Likes the way you hid the transformers, have only seen a few sign shops do that ... the best

Marlene

really nice looking sign. great design and love the front/back lighting. the layers give it a ton of style. since nothing looks as good in a photo as it does in real life, this must be a real knock out to see at night and durning the day, it still works. great job.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

really nice looking sign. great design and love the front/back lighting. the layers give it a ton of style. since nothing looks as good in a photo as it does in real life, this must be a real knock out to see at night and durning the day, it still works. great job.

Thanks.