• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JetBest Ink review

gabagoo

I have now been using the Jetbest brand of 3rd party ink now for about 4 months. My Mimaki printer is now 7 years old, so I felt I was sort of on borrowed time. I do take the time to do good maintenance and my tech who comes by every so often to change out parts is always amazed at the condition it is in.

My Impressions of the inks are that as far as I can tell it prints identical to the Mimaki OEM inks but I will say that I don't seem to see banding as often anymore, and continually running media compensation. I think due to the cost of the ink I now print a lot of stuff at 720 x 720 8 pass high speed, where as before I ran a lot of 720 x 360 4 pass regular speed.

I inquired if they also had cleaning fluid and they do. $40.00 for a litre!!! I opened the bottle to smell the cleaner and it smells just like the OEM , so I think it may be ok to use.

Keep you posted

Printing at higher pass counts will tend to hide banding to a significant extent.

It will tend to increase ink consumption on piezo-based printheads as well.

gabagoo

Printing at higher pass counts will tend to hide banding to a significant extent.

It will tend to increase ink consumption on piezo-based printheads as well.

Ink consumption at these prices can go up as far as I am concerned. Less waste going in the garbage.

brycesteiner

How about fading?
I say this because I have seen so many signs (that I didn't do) that looked great when installed. 2 years later the signs are all blue and the yellows and reds have faded out.
I have not had that happen at all with my Mutoh ink. They have stayed right on for years and have been very happy with the fade resistance.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
It really depends on that so many signs is made of. Maybe water based ink? Maybe bad materials? Maybe that sign has been out for ten years? Maybe another low end third party ink.

Jetbest ink is high end third party ink that is tested as good as OEM ink.