• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jetrix 2513RQ and CET XPress FK512

10sacer

Am in discussions with Oldham (master distributor) about the Jetrix.
Very well built machine, but they have no clue how to market or sell this thing in the US. Chose the wrong distributor and are pretty proud of asking price. I like the design and the prints looked great. Neat thing is the ability to actually jet a primer coat inline prior to laying down color.
They printed coroplast with and without primer and without did not adhere well at all - with primer worked great. Inktec is going down the same road as all the other Korean made machines - good machines, lousy service and wrong distribution, although most of the major players are wrapped up in contracts with the bigger boys, so what are they gonna do? I told them to get serious about placing a unit in the US as the most important thing they can get is a testimonial and a working unit. We'll see what happens.

Have also been in lengthy discussions and demos on the CET models. For a Chinese made machine - its really well built. I worked for DuPont selling the Cromaprint - so I have a history with Chinese-made devices. They are beginning to take quality and reliability more serious over just making a cheap printer. Dave Cich is a really knowledgeable guy who worked for Oce for a long time - so he is very capable of leading CET into the future - whatever that may become.

Just my quick two cents,

Sean

benjakes

I just posted on another poll.....

I am ready to place a deposit. This seems like the real deal.

Jetrix looked great, but Q class heads..... I am afraid of heads that no other manufactures use. What are your thoughts on these heads? I googled and got mixed feedback. Where can I go to see a demo? I just called Oldham, and someone will call me back, but it seemed like no one knew what a Jetrix was. Does a primer slow down the printer? I had a hard time getting an answer.

Also, printed to coro, placed an x with a knife through heavy ink coverage, and placed tape over and pulled. Ink stuck (CET's). Is there a better test?

rhines44

Is anyone familiar with either the Inktec Jetrix 2513RQ or CET XPress FK512? Quality, price, print durability?

I am quite familiar with Inktec's Jetrix UV printer. We just placed one in our demo facility in Chicago, IL. It's the 2513 w/roll, white, varnish and primer. The primer works great on materials that are known to have adhesion issues (glass, coro, and other extremely slick surfaces). The quality and durability is as good, if not better than the Oce 350. It will even print perfectly legible 2pt text (bi-directional as well!). The Jetrix printers are one of the better built machines with minimal UV light exposure.

Price point is extremely competitive in todays sub $200k UV flatbed market.

10sacer

Spectra Q-class heads were the first generation grayscale heads, but for some reason others pulled them from their designs due to continual clogging issues. Don't see alot of Xaar heads out there right now, too. To be fair - there are a gajillion things that can cause head clogging - but clogging usually leads to continual purges and wipes - which do clear the heads - but waste alot of expensive ink.

Heads are a funny thing - they are alot like car manufacturers - one year they may have issues, but wait a year and they will figure it out and be pretty good right when the other guy starts to have issues. At some point you just have to buy something to move forward and work out head replacement in the deal.

As I said before - I really liked what I saw of the Jetrix and the primer jetting is pretty cool. I would expect to see some version of that in some of these machines that have greater adhesion issues. Whats more useful - white or primer?

You weren't real clear on whose machine it was that had the good adhesion on Coro. Was it the Jetrix or the CET?

SM

10sacer

Benjakes,

Tell Dave I said hello.
I think you will be pleased with that printer.
Its a simple design and easy to use - its a printer designed by printers.

Good luck,

Sean

benjakes

Sean,

Told Dave hi for you.

I bought today. 3 weeks on delivery is a little long, but I will live.

I will keep you up to date. Dave said that you are close also. If you buy, please keep me up to date how yours is running?

Benjakes

10sacer

Ben,

Yeah, you gotta love the world of finance these days. I could pay cash for the printer, but am trying to maintain a strong cash position for the immediate future and no one is willing to work with you these days.

We'll see what happens.

SM

benjakes

Overall, I give it a B+. A couple of bugs, but all good now.

Quality is outstanding. Speed is as advertised. Ink adhesion +.

Downside: Caldera driver not ready yet.

I would buy it again tomorrow. Our customers are astonished with the prints!

Ben

REDMAN

Hi can you give me more information on this printer how the installation went etc.. how many 4 x 8 can you print at sellable quality per hour?

tollerdad

Just demo'd one that was installed last August. The owner who is also the operator of the machine loves it. He got the 6 x 10.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Looking to make a better solution and need your help!

Guys Im looking for more feedback on this Jetrix Brand, what dealers would you want to service the equipment in your opinion. Im considering looking at new distribution channels for the Jetrix and would love your feedback on which of your equipment dealers would have the best techs for Jetrix to train on. Having great tech support is NUMBER 1 for me so your feedback means alot so I thank you in advance and you can PM your response.