• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JF-1631 Encoder Strip

Ryden5x

Sorry in advanced if i post this in the wrong section but i was wondering
if anyone knows where to get a encoder strip for the JF-1631 on the cheap side. Thanks in advanced for you help.

artbot

if you want real cheap you might be able to flip the encoder with a little modification to the base. is it badly damaged or just really dirty?

genericname

You might want to talk to Adam from Inkmed. He got me four generic encoder strips for use on our Mimaki printers, and they were cheap.

They come as straight bands, so you have to put in the mounting holes yourself, but trust me, it's worth it for the price you pay. Not sure if the JF series uses a similar encoder strip, but that would be my first stop.

Edit:

Sorry to the domestic suppliers I use! You know who you are, and you're absolutely the best. There's really no contest here though. The bad guy in all this isn't the Chinese manufacturer, it's Mimaki, for robbing us blind over a piece of plastic with lines on it.

inkmed

You might want to talk to Adam from Inkmed. He got me four generic encoder strips for use on our Mimaki printers, and they were cheap.

They come as straight bands, so you have to put in the mounting holes yourself, but trust me, it's worth it for the price you pay. Not sure if the JF series uses a similar encoder strip, but that would be my first stop.

Edit:

Sorry to the domestic suppliers I use! You know who you are, and you're absolutely the best. There's really no contest here though. The bad guy in all this isn't the Chinese manufacturer, it's Mimaki, for robbing us blind over a piece of plastic with lines on it.

Thank you for your kindly input, it is my honor that the encoder strip satisfied to you.

The JV3 JV5 JV33 encode strip parameter is 180dpi, 1.5cm width.
There is no Mimaki JF 1631 printer in China market, so we can not sure if the encoder strip parameter.

Any one who know JF 1631 well can compare the parameter and tell us if there are any different?

Adam Yang from Inkmed