• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JF Cyan issues

LaserMan

Hello everyone. I have a few questions.

My Cyan print head doesn't seem to be sucking any ink through. Mind you it was working perfect yesterday. I'll write down what's transpired the past few days.

I started off changing the light cyan print head. Installed it and took me forever aligning it. Everything seemed to work perfect. All heads were firing perfect (a few missing nozzles, but nothing worrisome).

So, today begins and the Cyan (large cyan) test draw looks brutal. Several cleans and it gets slowly worse. I then take the cover off and align the cap with my alignment tool. Run a clean and still not better. I then take the cap out and put a new one in.....again, nothing. So now i replace the damper.....nothing. Lastly i replace the pump....nothing.

Every time i run a hard clean or an ink fill up i'm watching the damper to see if i can see suction....and i do not.

I'm at a loss here. Any suggestions???

Thanks for all your input Signs101 nation.

Tekkie1

Tekkie of Many Things
Hello
What JF?
What head did you use genuine or non genuine?
Did u get waveforms and voltages with new head as this is what designates the droplet size and correct firing.
Are the pumps working and can you see the damper diaphram suck in when u select cleaning for the cyan?
Can u suck through the head using a syringe connected to the front under the capping?
Tekkie1:wink:

LaserMan

Hello
What JF?
What head did you use genuine or non genuine?
Did u get waveforms and voltages with new head as this is what designates the droplet size and correct firing.
Are the pumps working and can you see the damper diaphram suck in when u select cleaning for the cyan?
Can u suck through the head using a syringe connected to the front under the capping?
Tekkie1:wink:

It's a JF-1631.

The head that's acting up now isn't the one i replaced.

I can see my pump turning down below, but i do not see the damper diaphragm suck in when it should during a cleaning.

I haven't tried sucking through the head. How do i go about doing that?

LaserMan

So, it's still not working, but i was able to use a syringe and pull ink through the damper....but still not able to get it to suck into the head....

Tekkie1

Tekkie of Many Things
There is a set of tubes coming from the front of the capping station that you screw on a syringe. You then need to cap the heads and then suck through the syringe.If you get nothing through then the head is either blocked or the damper is faulty.
I have seen new damper faulty within 5 mins of use so dont rule out the damper it may be still faulty.
When it cleans you must see the damper diaphram move inwards. If it does not then something is defenetily blocked.
There is some special fluid that can be dabbed under he head that can clear a blocked head but is to be used only as a last resort if the head is indeed blocked at the nozzles.
Tekkie1:cool:

imagesigns2

cyan head issues also.

Hi,
I have a toshibe tec CE4 printhead if you guys want for this ujf. it was from my raster h700 (dual channel head) purchased originally from EFI dealer. still brand new unopened.