• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JFX 200 -2513 Printhead Life Expectancy?

jdwilliams1

Hello, we have 3 JFX200 flatbeds and two of them are about 2 years and 6 months old. One of those is presenting a perfect test draw but we are having issues with banding/ lines. Mostly when we print green colors.

My question is, why would a printer with a perfect test draw all of the sudden have poor quality for only one type of color. Secondly do print head wear out over time where they need to be replaced regardless of the test draw being perfect?

Look forward to help on this. Thank you

APCInk

Merchant Member
Hi Jay,

I have reached out to you a few times about the color profiling. If you'd like to discuss further please let me know.

Have you adjusted your negative pressure since the weather has changed? The negative pressure can cause nozzles to not fire if it is too low and if it is too high it can allow ink to drip through the nozzles and bead on the nozzle plate. The other thing I have seen is minor scratches in the head surface that allows ink to wick from one color to the other. Feel free to reach out to me on my cell at 419-552-0194 if you'd like guidance on the pressure adjustments.

Thanks!
Brian

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
We were just having this problem our black ink. It was providing strong test prints but after heavy black printing the ink was starving out.

Have you done a test print directly after the print to see what it shows or only before? Ours would look fine and then after printing almost the entire middle was gone.

As stated above I would check the pos and neg pressure first, after that What we did was replaced the ink pump, then the de-gasser unit for black. and what finally did it was the solenoid, but could have also been the ink reservoir. Those are all things I would check before worrying about the head.

jdwilliams1

I have not forgotten about you Brian, we are just in our very busy time and I hate to have the printers down during this time. I will look more into the pressure adjustments. My sister who operates the machines, says she has made adjustments in the past when a message comes up. Will we always get a message?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
+1 on pressure adjustment. Sometimes it can be within range so you don't get an error but it's fluctuating too much which can cause ink flow issues.If you haven't changed your primary filters in the last year, I would try that next.