• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JFX-200 X Current Press (Ent) Key

FutureSigns

Good morning all,

My JFX-200 is refusing to print today. It comes to where it is supposed to start printing then beeps with this on the LCD - X Current Press (ent) key. After I press it the machine resets and does the same thing. I unplugged it for a while but having the same issue. And tips would be greatly appreciated. :)

~ Jeanny

Attachments

• IMG_3984.jpg
    IMG_3984.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 137

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Motor current errors generally mean the motor is requiring too much current to move. I'd check for anything that might be preventing the gantry from moving properly. Believe it or not the tech manual says it could simply be bad printing data. Try to print another file just to rule that out. Other than that, one or both of your x motors might be failing but that would be rare in my experience. Check under the table where the rack and pinion is. It looks like a linear gear and it's the track the motors run on. Make sure there isn't anything preventing them from moving smoothly.

FutureSigns

Motor current errors generally mean the motor is requiring too much current to move. I'd check for anything that might be preventing the gantry from moving properly. Believe it or not the tech manual says it could simply be bad printing data. Try to print another file just to rule that out. Other than that, one or both of your x motors might be failing but that would be rare in my experience. Check under the table where the rack and pinion is. It looks like a linear gear and it's the track the motors run on. Make sure there isn't anything preventing them from moving smoothly.
Thank you!! I tried a different file and that worked!!