• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help JFX200-2513 Ink Heater Thermistor issues

HStewart

We've had our JFX200 up & running for well over a year and are experiencing two issues. The first is error 715 (ink heater thermistor), it comes up daily and requires a shut down and restart. We've had the service tech attempt multiple repairs and it's still an issue. They (service) are now going back & forth between "it's a loose connection" to needing to replace the board (which has already been replaced, is seated correctly and solder joints are good). Coolant levels are correct, too. Environment is pretty consistent (S FL, air conditioned). We're running LH100 ink (& it does build up a lot inside the station but service has said it's normal and "not bad" in their opinion).

The other issue is with the vacuum...can anyone recommend a stronger, replacement? We primarily print to acrylic up to 3/4" thickness. The material comes in on palettes and is warped. With thinner material the vacuum can pull it down and hold it fine but the thicker material has us beat. We asked our service provider to recommend an upgrade, which we purchased, and it was weaker than the original so we're stuck with the same ongoing problem.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The thermistor and heater block are part of the print head. I assume the board they replaced is the heater relay board. If that has been done already and all the connections have been checked, I'm pretty sure you just need a new head. Does it happen on the same print head every time?

HStewart

The thermistor and heater block are part of the print head. I assume the board they replaced is the heater relay board. If that has been done already and all the connections have been checked, I'm pretty sure you just need a new head. Does it happen on the same print head every time?

Yes, heater relay board. The heads were replaced a while ago and the machine doesn't sit idle except on weekends. The prompt doesn't indicate which head is throwing the error. The error is a daily occurrence and comes up after the machine has been running for a length of time. Print quality is excellent but the fact the error requires a shut down & restart means losing whatever was being printed in many cases if we can't pick up the job where we left off.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Yes, heater relay board. The heads were replaced a while ago and the machine doesn't sit idle except on weekends. The prompt doesn't indicate which head is throwing the error. The error is a daily occurrence and comes up after the machine has been running for a length of time. Print quality is excellent but the fact the error requires a shut down & restart means losing whatever was being printed in many cases if we can't pick up the job where we left off.

If the issue started happening after the heads were replaced I would look into getting a warranty replacement. You usually get 90 days from installation. If the heater relay board is new, the head is really all that could be causing the issue. Even if it was too cold in the room, it would just take longer to heat up. The error you are getting is basically saying the thermistor is not working properly. As far as I know you can only get that with a new head. I have never had this issue happen in the field so maybe there is a way to just change the thermistor and heater block but as far as I know it only comes with the head.

HStewart

If the issue started happening after the heads were replaced I would look into getting a warranty replacement. You usually get 90 days from installation. If the heater relay board is new, the head is really all that could be causing the issue. Even if it was too cold in the room, it would just take longer to heat up. The error you are getting is basically saying the thermistor is not working properly. As far as I know you can only get that with a new head. I have never had this issue happen in the field so maybe there is a way to just change the thermistor and heater block but as far as I know it only comes with the head.

Thank you for your help! You are correct, the entire print head must be changed. I've already look for a replacement thermistor. I'll change my focus to the print heads again.

bertm

In trouble shooting another problem, we found and tested the ink thermistors. Perhaps this is helpful for you.

The ink thermistors are actually on the outside of the supply tanks/head assembly. They have two wires which could get caught in various things. You can measure the resistance of the thermistor to see if they are ok, or if the Heater PCB Is the problem. I can't remember exactly but I believe ours were ~6kOhm at room temperature. You can put your finger on the actual thermistor to watch the resistance change.

The wires are two wire pairs and labeled with "Th-" and there are two per head unit. The actual thermistor looks like a small metal rectangle screwed the to side of the head unit.

Attachments

• IMG_6757.JPG
    IMG_6757.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 273