Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help JFX200-2513 Printing Ghost Lines

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by Adam Vreeke, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Adam Vreeke

Adam Vreeke Member

Nov 12, 2020
    Milwaukee
    I am having a little problem that has been occurring for a little bit now. Whenever I print something on the JFX200-2513 with a white line it looks like the machine or RIP (Rasterlink 6) are creating these ghost lines that go vertically (exaxmples attached) you can see these in any color, the green and magenta are most prominent.

I have tried to do everything I could think of and printed bi-direction and uni-direction on 300x450, 600x600 and 600x900, flipping the print from horizontal to vertical, I checked drop position on all resolutions checked to make sure Rasterlink was up to date, and still the lines persist as seen no matter what. I checked the file and the lines stop at the surrounding magenta line, so there is no weird clipping mask or layering issues.

This has been happening on a few jobs now with different colored backgrounds and on different materials, and the only common denominator has been a white line. Has anyone ran into this before or know of any solutions to this?

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. balstestrat

balstestrat Active Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Between the bits
    Here's what I think is going on.

Because you have the white line there without the black ink, those nozzles are not doing anything for a long time then suddenly they start to fire cold and there is some misting for a moment until they warm up and recover.

You could try adding big fat colorbars to the side of the job but it may not help.

If it's this it only happens scan direction. So if you flip the board and file the lines should also flip.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    What firmware version are you on? If it's 2.1 or below, I would update for sure. They had issues like this in the earlier firmware. They are up to 2.7 now.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  4. Adam Vreeke

Adam Vreeke Member

Nov 12, 2020
    Milwaukee
    When I flipped the graphic around the lines flipped with it, so it sounded like this could be the issue, I added a solid CMYK color bar on the outside of the print going all the way up as you suggested but the lines still appeared. I really thought we had it there : /

I checked the firmware and it said we are up to date

5. Jay Grooms

Jay Grooms Printing, Printing, Printing......

Nov 20, 2018
    Burlington Wisconsin
    I can't help with the issue... sorry.

Customer rebuilding a Tron Cabinet?

6. Hamster

Hamster Member

Oct 10, 2017
    Russia, Kazan
    make less back pressure, increase head voltage