• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JFX200 Printhead

bjt140

Looks like I need a new jfx200 print head very soon. Does anyone have any advice on where to get one? I've seen sellers posting them from $1800-4000, China vs America and not sure which ones are trustworthy etc.

Would probably need a tech for install too.

Thanks for any help/advice available.

Doc Zoom

Doc Zoom
I found an outfit in China that is selling them for around $2200. Plan on ordering tomorrow. I opted to pay with PayPal which cost a little more, but I wanted some protection just in case! Beats the crap out of $3750!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I found an outfit in China that is selling them for around $2200. Plan on ordering tomorrow. I opted to pay with PayPal which cost a little more, but I wanted some protection just in case! Beats the crap out of $3750!

Have you ever replaced this print head before? It's not as straight forward as Epson based printers so just be aware. It's always a hard choice when prices are this high. I have a customer who used to buy JFX200 heads from us and we would install them. He had one go bad within days and we were able to place a 90 day warranty call and got him a new head for free. He now buys the heads from overseas and we install them. He currently has a bad head and we can't do a thing for him and the supplier won't return his calls. So $2200 is a great deal when it works out but sometimes it doesn't and it can get ugly.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
So VanderJ, what do you charge?
Thanks,
Greg

We charge list price from Mimaki USA as a dealer which is right around the $3750 you were quoted. We don't sell this particular head directly to customers without installing it ourselves but probably will in the future. I don't blame you for wanting to save money especially when you see the major difference between list price and China price. It's hard to justify a $1500 dollar difference and a service call charge to gain a 90 day warranty.