Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help JFX200 streaks

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by Graphic Realm, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Graphic Realm

Graphic Realm New Member

Mar 22, 2018
    Dallas Texas
    Machine streaking on right side and left as it starts print. See photos. Anyone else experience this?

Attached Files:

2. tbaker

tbaker Member

Clean your wiper and do another purge. Looks like residual ink from the wi

3. Graphic Realm

Graphic Realm New Member

Mar 22, 2018
    Dallas Texas
    Thanks for the reply. We have tried. Even changed wiper. It has been intermittent for a few months now. Service came out and couldn’t explain it. If we soak the heads for a few minutes it seems to help for a little while. Have you encountered this?

4. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet Former Merchant Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Have you checked the bottom of the heads? They might have a bunch of ink build up that needs to be cleaned. Also, how does your nozzle check look?

5. Graphic Realm

Graphic Realm New Member

Mar 22, 2018
    Dallas Texas
    Clean religiously every day and test looks great. I am at a loss. It seems when it starts to lay down. If you zoom in on the second attachment you can see it start after the blank space

Attached Files:

6. Modern Ink Signs

Modern Ink Signs Member

Jun 27, 2008
    Waukesha, WI
    Make sure everything is clean! Area around heads, ionizer, wiper, capping station, flush pad area

How often are you changing your flush pad and air filters. There is a regular PM schedule for this.

Do a Custody wash (I think that is what it is called. Not in front of my machine). You will need your cleaning solution and an eye dropper. It will cycle your pumps and draw Ink through the screens of your capping station. Run until your screens are clean.

Also open the panel where your pumps are and make sure you have no leaks in your pumps

7. L.D

L.D Member

Jan 19, 2018
    Atlanta
    Do you have a picture of the Nozzle test print? I would take a look at that first. Also, you may want to check your Head Voltage via #Adjust and make sure your encoder strip is clean with no visable damage or scrapes.

8. Modern Ink Signs

Modern Ink Signs Member

Jun 27, 2008
    Waukesha, WI
    Voltage and encoder strip too. Good call LD

Also is this happening at first run or several boards into printing?

9. Graphic Realm

Graphic Realm New Member

Mar 22, 2018
    Dallas Texas
    Sometimes both. Some days we come in and it is right off the bat and others it is after running a couple boards. Talking about checking voltage and such scares me a little LOL. I will get the manual Monday and go through And check strip and maintenance. As soon as it starts having the issue I will do a test print and upload a picture. I cannot thank you guys enough for the input

10. Modern Ink Signs

Modern Ink Signs Member

Jun 27, 2008
    Waukesha, WI
    What is your cleaning schedule?

What are you cleaning g when you do?