• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jimmy Johnson!

ProWraps

yup yup. from cali baby.
congrats 4-peat!

thats how we do!!!!! chickens and pies be damned! us cali boys get it done!

speedmedia

Yes, Jimmie did a great job. I was rooting for Mark Martin but it was cool to see Jimmy and his team do what they did. Quite an accomplishment he should be very proud of!

Thanks,
Kurt

TheSnowman

I'm ready to not see him in front anymore...but I'll take him over either of the idiot Busch brothers ANY day. I'm just jealous cause Jr. SUCKS HARDCORE this year.

gnatt66

what a feat. an underrated talent for sure, DESPITE his accomplishments. I'm totally not a COT fan, but one thing it did was show who really had car control, cause those things handle like crap. The former usac/off-roaders/dirt racers are showing their skills for sure. And i was quietly rooting for Martin too, since he used to race ASA when the cars looked cool.

Pat Whatley

Come on, you don't seriously consider Neckcar "racing", do you? It's the professional wrestling of the racing world.

Can you name any other "racing" sport where you can run a race for three hours and the distance from first to last is less than a lap? Any other racing series out there that punishes cars for going too fast? Does any other SPORT stack the deck against independent race teams as much as Nascar does?

ProWraps

HAHAHAHHAHAHA eyah jeff gordon is for the gays. BUT it could be worse. you could have a skinny white girl racing formula one for godaddy.com with commercials only viewed online... err wait what. OMFG danika patr...... err ug (((((...(((( OPPPP((((

threads1

O.K. Pat…. Why would it make any difference where the cars are located on the track after 3 hours? These cars are so close to being identical that the driver’s skill and pit stops are what makes the difference in their location. Nobody wants to see run-away races like you see in other venues. Boring! No one is being punished for going too fast. Nascar just doesn’t want these cars to go 250 MPH because they would need wings and that’s a whole different kind of racing. The other venues don’t have restrictions because they only go about 100 to 120 MPH. You could do that in your family car. As far as stacking the deck….. it’s not Nascar. It’s strictly team ability. First off….just like ALL of the pro sports, you need to have money to get in. Then, if your team shows any promise, you might pick up some sponsors to foot the bills. If you suck, you ain’t staying in the game too long. That’s just life in the racing world. It costs around $600,000.00 per car each weekend to race. If they can’t afford it they should stay at their hometown go-cart track. I’m sorry Pat, that you don’t like Nascar for what ever reasons you might have. I might suggest that you go to a race some time. There’s nothing like seeing it in person to understand how exciting it is to watch 43 cars going 200 MPH while staying only inches away from the car in front of them. And the noise is awesome. I do think your right about D.P. she will be in the Nationwide series next year. I personally think she is Hot and the sponsors are going to jump all over her just because of the controversy will give her a lot of attention.

YES! I AM A WHITE TRASH, REDNECK NASCAR FAN. And dammed proud of it!

Way to go 48 team. What an accomplishment. I was torn between seeing Jimmy win 4 or to see Mark get his championship at 50. I’m a Stewart fan…..that A-Hole from Columbia needs to go.

Letterbox Mike

The other venues don’t have restrictions because they only go about 100 to 120 MPH. You could do that in your family car.

Seriously? You could run an F1 or WRC or BTCC race in your ford Taurus? They don't go 200 mph non-stop because there are CURVES that require the driver to use a certain degree of skill to brake, shift, turn and otherwise manipulate the car more than just flooring it and occasionally nudging the steering wheel left.

Seriously, all in good fun, I'll just never understand nascar.

signage

Threads would be lapped more than once in his family car around an F1 course! F1's go from 190mph down to 60mph all over the course! O yea and they turn right and left!