• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Job postings

grafikguy

President
I am looking for a second designer here at the shop. What do you find is the best resource to find good help in this industry. Designers seem to be in short supply around here (Maine).

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Why don't you post a help wanted ad in the new classified section? Your great new design star is waiting to hear from you.

ProWraps

ROF. he's gotta start somewhere. why do think he's looking for a designer?

Attachments

• boostMoblie_logo.gif
    boostMoblie_logo.gif
    3 KB · Views: 145

grafixemporium

I posted an ad on Craiglist Houston a few weeks ago looking for a designer. I received over 150 resumes. Somewhere around 100 of them spelled every word correctly in their response letter. About 50 of them actually had some kind of portfolio. Only 10 of them were worthy of scheduling an interview. None of those 10 were able to even remotely impress me with the quick "mock project" I gave them to design.

**Sigh**

Back to the drawing board.

legacyborn

I posted an ad on Craiglist Houston a few weeks ago looking for a designer. I received over 150 resumes. Somewhere around 100 of them spelled every word correctly in their response letter. About 50 of them actually had some kind of portfolio. Only 10 of them were worthy of scheduling an interview. None of those 10 were able to even remotely impress me with the quick "mock project" I gave them to design.

**Sigh**

We used craigslist and received over 500 replies. Of those we chose around 200 and did a mock project. We scheduled 3 interviews (one didnt show up) and decided to keep looking.

The one guy I was really happy with wanted way too much money. (he was totally worth it, but I couldn't afford it)

grafikguy

President
did you rip the boost mobile logo??

Ouch, guys. That wasn't a rip. I haven't been in business for 20 years by pilfering other's work. How about some constructive input? This is why I've stayed away from too many posts here. Seems someone's always looking to throw a little hate around. Guess I'll need a new avatar, now.

Last edited:

ABPGraphics

**Sigh**

I would love to see you post a MOCK PROJECT here.....anyone up for the challenge

ABPGraphics

ouch, guys. That's not a rip. I haven't been in business for 20 years by pilfering other's work. How about some constructive input? This is why i've stayed away from too many posts here. Seems someone's always looking to throw a little hate around.
amen