Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Job postings

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by grafikguy, Nov 24, 2009.

1. grafikguy

grafikguy President

Oct 10, 2007
    Old Town, Maine
    I am looking for a second designer here at the shop. What do you find is the best resource to find good help in this industry. Designers seem to be in short supply around here (Maine).

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Why don't you post a help wanted ad in the new classified section? Your great new design star is waiting to hear from you.

3. ProWraps

ProWraps Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    if you travel a bit south, and you have a cow, pie or chicken for trade, mosh could hook you up.

4. kev3232

kev3232 Member

Feb 11, 2008
    did you rip the boost mobile logo??

5. ProWraps

ProWraps Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    ROF. he's gotta start somewhere. why do think he's looking for a designer?

Attached Files:

6. grafixemporium

grafixemporium Very Active Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Houston, TX
    I posted an ad on Craiglist Houston a few weeks ago looking for a designer. I received over 150 resumes. Somewhere around 100 of them spelled every word correctly in their response letter. About 50 of them actually had some kind of portfolio. Only 10 of them were worthy of scheduling an interview. None of those 10 were able to even remotely impress me with the quick "mock project" I gave them to design.

**Sigh**

Back to the drawing board.

7. legacyborn

legacyborn Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Winters, CA
    We used craigslist and received over 500 replies. Of those we chose around 200 and did a mock project. We scheduled 3 interviews (one didnt show up) and decided to keep looking.

The one guy I was really happy with wanted way too much money. (he was totally worth it, but I couldn't afford it)

8. grafikguy

grafikguy President

Oct 10, 2007
    Old Town, Maine
    Ouch, guys. That wasn't a rip. I haven't been in business for 20 years by pilfering other's work. How about some constructive input? This is why I've stayed away from too many posts here. Seems someone's always looking to throw a little hate around. Guess I'll need a new avatar, now.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  9. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    I couldn't take a pay cut. Sorry!

10. ABPGraphics

ABPGraphics Active Member

Nov 13, 2009
    I would love to see you post a MOCK PROJECT here.....anyone up for the challenge

11. ABPGraphics

ABPGraphics Active Member

Nov 13, 2009
    amen