Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jobs saving in Flexi take so long

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by dirttoo, Feb 12, 2014.

1. dirttoo

dirttoo Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Illinois
    This has been happening recently to me. When I am designing something in Flexi Pro 10 it automatically saves every 10 minutes. Sometimes it takes up to 5 minutes to save. I get the dim page and says Flexi not responding and the little white circle goes round and round. This is very frustrating. This just recently started but does it constantly now. I have restarted Flexi and the computer with no change in the results. Can anybody help me? Thanks

Tags:
  2. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    Maybe you have a virus

3. player

player Major Contributor

Apr 24, 2006
    Toronto
    Install and run a full scan of the free Superantispyware.

4. Patentagosse

Patentagosse Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Joliette, Quebec (Canada)
    You can change your preferences to not save every 10 min. If you have the discipline to save your work from time to time, you will avoid the software to do it in inappropriate moment...

5. dirttoo

dirttoo Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Illinois
    Thanks, I have Norton and did a full virus scan and spyware scan and came up with nothing. Is the Superantispyware better than Norton? I had already set my preferences to 15 min. This seems to be getting worse. When trying to import another job it sometimes just sits with the little blue circle going around and says "not responding". I did a restore back 2 weeks but nothing changed. Help please?

6. player

player Major Contributor

Apr 24, 2006
    Toronto
    Yes. Superantispyware can find tons of stuff Norton is blind to.

7. JoeBoomer

JoeBoomer Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Here is my 55 page tutorial on.... :)

Are you working with files over a network? What other software are you running on the computer at the same time?

Here are a few things to check out:

NETWORK FILE SPEED TEST

If you are working with files over a network, you can check the speed with this tool. Check the speeds with multiple computers and compare.

http://www.totusoft.com/lanspeed1.html

CHECK MEMORY USAGE

You should take a look at your resources and see if anything is hogging your memory.

1 - CTRL+ALT+DEL
    2 - Click "Performance" tab and look at the "Physical Memory" part (bottom left) -
    2b - Click the "Processes" tab and then click on the 'Memory" column so that the highest memory hogs are at the top
    - Google anything that you don't recognize

SPYWARE REMOVAL

The 2 programs I use that almost always takes care of issues on my clients computers are:

CC Cleaner
    http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Malwarebytes
    http://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/

If I need anything more hardcore, I use ComboFix, AVG, Avast, or some real deep cuts like TDSSKiller. But I typically delete these programs right after I'm done scanning/fixing.
    <hr>

Everything I listed is free!

I manage over 30 computers at multiple businesses and I don't have any anti-virus software installed on any of them. :) If I ever need anything more than CC Cleaner and Malwarebytes, I will install it and then delete it after I'm done because 9 times out of 10 your antivirus software causes more issues than it fixes. Not to mention the heavy toll on your CPU from AVG and Norton, etc. Norton sucks by the way.

Sorry, this reply got away from me a bit. Hopefully you can find something useful here.

Go Team!