• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jobs saving in Flexi take so long

dirttoo

This has been happening recently to me. When I am designing something in Flexi Pro 10 it automatically saves every 10 minutes. Sometimes it takes up to 5 minutes to save. I get the dim page and says Flexi not responding and the little white circle goes round and round. This is very frustrating. This just recently started but does it constantly now. I have restarted Flexi and the computer with no change in the results. Can anybody help me? Thanks

Patentagosse

You can change your preferences to not save every 10 min. If you have the discipline to save your work from time to time, you will avoid the software to do it in inappropriate moment...

dirttoo

Thanks, I have Norton and did a full virus scan and spyware scan and came up with nothing. Is the Superantispyware better than Norton? I had already set my preferences to 15 min. This seems to be getting worse. When trying to import another job it sometimes just sits with the little blue circle going around and says "not responding". I did a restore back 2 weeks but nothing changed. Help please?

player

Thanks, I have Norton and did a full virus scan and spyware scan and came up with nothing. Is the Superantispyware better than Norton? I had already set my preferences to 15 min. This seems to be getting worse. When trying to import another job it sometimes just sits with the little blue circle going around and says "not responding". I did a restore back 2 weeks but nothing changed. Help please?

Yes. Superantispyware can find tons of stuff Norton is blind to.

JoeBoomer

Here is my 55 page tutorial on.... :)

Are you working with files over a network? What other software are you running on the computer at the same time?

Here are a few things to check out:

NETWORK FILE SPEED TEST

If you are working with files over a network, you can check the speed with this tool. Check the speeds with multiple computers and compare.

http://www.totusoft.com/lanspeed1.html

CHECK MEMORY USAGE

You should take a look at your resources and see if anything is hogging your memory.

1 - CTRL+ALT+DEL
2 - Click "Performance" tab and look at the "Physical Memory" part (bottom left) -
2b - Click the "Processes" tab and then click on the 'Memory" column so that the highest memory hogs are at the top
- Google anything that you don't recognize

SPYWARE REMOVAL

The 2 programs I use that almost always takes care of issues on my clients computers are:

CC Cleaner
http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Malwarebytes
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/

If I need anything more hardcore, I use ComboFix, AVG, Avast, or some real deep cuts like TDSSKiller. But I typically delete these programs right after I'm done scanning/fixing.
<hr>

Everything I listed is free!

I manage over 30 computers at multiple businesses and I don't have any anti-virus software installed on any of them. :) If I ever need anything more than CC Cleaner and Malwarebytes, I will install it and then delete it after I'm done because 9 times out of 10 your antivirus software causes more issues than it fixes. Not to mention the heavy toll on your CPU from AVG and Norton, etc. Norton sucks by the way.

Sorry, this reply got away from me a bit. Hopefully you can find something useful here.

Go Team!