• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Joined a week ago

reximages

I am a long time self employed screenprinter and promotional products sales rep. We have two Hopkins 4-color, 4-station manual printers, a twelve foot long conveyor dryer, an Ioline 100 plotter, and over 400 screens at last count. My wife and I and son-in-law work the business and love it. Our shop is on our home property so we primarily, almost exclusively, deliver, sell and ship our orders. I just discovered this forum stuff last weekend and got so interested I registered onto it right away.

My experience has been a lot of trial and error, forcing myself to learn graphics techniques with Corel draw, for example.

I have plenty of work without becoming a new sign officionado . The signs are all related to graphics, layouts, and such on garments, promotional products and signs.

We are not an exclusive sign shop so maybe I got a bit too excited about signing up on this site but you all speak on topics that are close to dead on of what I do for a living. We've made signs for our customers primarily from painting them.

This past January we bought an Ioline 100 from a retiring embroiderer friend and have used it extensively since.

I tip my hat to you all as I know it is tough out there in the marketplace.

Greetings from the great mountain ranges of Oregon!

Suz

Greetings Fellow Nortwesterner!

Saying hello from WA State here, also a Screenprinter and and Embroiderer too. How do you like the Ioline?

Air Art Girl

Another welcome from the PNW.

Grew up in Portland and know Santiam Pass well, always going over to Detroit Lake and Brietenbush when I was a kid.

reximages

Hey All,

I really appreciate these welcomes. :thankyou:

Maybe most of you are at the level of having employee(s)? I feel most comfortable staying me and my wife as key operators. I could imagine headaches, especially financial ones, possibly. I have had former comrades turn on me by starting up their own game and competing directly against me on specific customer bases. That has been over ten years ago and am now at a comfort level, where, really no one knows where my customers are (except me, of course) and people are always curious as to how I make my money. I like that. I like being free and independent.

If I had one employee, I would start feeling vunerable. I don't like that. Anyone have any similar experience?

Hey, happy to be here. The forum and this site is just great!

Rex

SignosaurusRex

Welcome Aboard Rex! Over the years I've spent quite a bit of time in the greater Salem area on and off, and out towards Detroit Lake. Kind of a second home area for me. Where bouts are you located?

~S'Rex

reximages

Hey SignosaurusRex,

Mill City. We bought a nice ranch style house here just love it.

Lived in Portland for 24 years and primarily make my money like a salesman calling on my customers instead of doing the brick and mortar approach.

Hi Weasel,

I remember hearing something about the ban the comic sans a long time ago and I did not take it seriously. Good tip. I just didn't think it was that big o deal.

This is my first forum I've ever joined and my hazing I believe will pay off. hehe. I've been around too long to lose any sleep over nonsense. The comic sans thing seems like a superstition or something like that. I will check out the link you sent. Thanks!