• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JOKE, with a moral to the story.

threeputt

So this elderly couple decide to down size, sell their big house in the country and move to the city.

Purchase and move into this quaint little house in a nice neighborhood in mid July. Enjoying their new home until one day early in Sept. they're awoken by a loud banging sound outside the house.

Get out of bed to see three boys aged about 11 banging on their fence and garbage cans with sticks as they walk by. Turns out the couple has purchased a house near an elementary school.

This goes on for two weeks straight, every weekday about 7:30am. "Oh dear, what are we going to do" says the wife. Husband says, "I've got an idea".

So the kids come by again as usual only this time the old timer is out there to meet them. "Hey guys, I love this! Love what you're doing, the energy, your spirit". "I want to pay you guys fifty cents every day if you'll continue and never quit!"

Kids agree happily and for two weeks beat the cans and fence with continued gusto, each week collecting the money.

Then one day gramps comes out with a sad look on his face. Says, "got some bad news kids, they've cut my retirement, things are kinda tight for me. I can't continue to pay you".

Kids look at one another and the gang leader says, "hey, heck no mister! If you think we're going to beat your cans and fence for free you're crazy!"

Problem solved. I guess if there's a moral to this story it's that sometimes the obvious solutions to problems, the ones that jump right out there immediately, may not always be the best solution.

Think things through and come up with creative answers to the hurdles we all face in life and business.

signswi

Would have been easier to have just joined them at it one day. One old dude participating in an activity is sure to kill it.

That or changing the automatic sprinkler timing...

Flame

I was gonna say a t-shirt gun would've solved the problem....

wait, did I say that outloud?