• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jpeg Background - How to delete unwanted?

PurplePanther

I have a high res. .jpeg picture of a car. i have taken out the generic background in photoshop and now want to put into gerber and add a solid black background behind the car.... how do i do this?

Marlene

what version are you using? 2.6 will let you put a clipping path around the image. lower versions don't

PurplePanther

tried adding background in photoshop but didnt import correct into gerber..... how should the file be exported from photpshop to look correct in gerber?

Marlene

go into help and read up on how to do it as it isn't a one sentence answer. there's good step by steps in there.

Billct2

I will sometimes just draw a vector line around the image, then a background box and combine the two to create (or erase) the background.

CenturySigns

Custom Sign Shop Designer
I'm not a strong Photoshop user but when I need to get something into Corel from PS I merge the visable layers and save it as a .tiff(don't flatten) then see if you can import into Gerber.

theskipman_98

Ok hope this helps, this is so you can get the bg the color you want on the gerber edge

Hope this is clear as mud...

1)import cleaned up image into composer (see pic 1)
2)select image, goto tools>generate decal cut (see pic 2)
3)set both the image and the decal cut vinyl to same vinyl (ie. 220 scotchcal white)
4) draw box (or shape you need for the BG) and fill it with the color you need (black in this case)(see pic 3&4)
Set the vinyl color to 220 scotchcal white.
take generated decal cut,fill with clear,turn it's cuts OFF, and place where you want it on your background.
Select it and background and combine.Take your imported picture and line it up with the clear filled decal cut.
(see pic 5&6 )
5)select everything and output selected.
6)double check your settings and send job to Edge

Hope this helps!:thumb:

P.S>- If anyone finds a flaw with this, please let me know, But I tried it here and it worked!

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 63
  • Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    395.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Untitled-3.jpg
    Untitled-3.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 78
  • Untitled-4.jpg
    Untitled-4.jpg