• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jpeg files

iSign

not an option.

where is it a problem? printing?
Laying over other graphics in a layout?
Posting on a forum?

different answers for different problems.
Explain yours better & get better answers

Jake112

Printing with Versa cammVp-540. customer sent jpeg very faint background color did not notice till it started printing, can see a difference because I am printing on white.

dbenec

it's not that you have a background (white) from jpeg image then.

you have scum dot in the image.

open in photoshop, image / adjustments / curves

pinch out the highlight scum dot (grab your zero point and slight it right to clip out the bottom 1, 2, 3% - until your whites read zero % all colors.

save

Mosh

Here is the trick, get better art from the customer!
I hear this all the time..."you can just get it off our web site" NOT!!!!!

If the image is HQ then you should be able to edit it in Corel or Photoshop.

If you can't do that much you need to learn how to do your job! Sorry, but that
is a VERY BASIC thing to be able to do. Do you need help weeding and applying tape too???
I know this forum is for help, but come on. Next we are going to give lessons on coating out MDO! BASIC STUFF PEOPLE!!!

iSign

open your bitmap editing tool bar, use the magic wand, select the "white" and hit delete.
This is about the only thing you can do in flexi related to bitmap editing (except maybe cropping) so, I'd suggest photoshop instead. If you do select & delete a dirty white background, remember if you have text on that background, and the middles of the letters have that same off-white... then you have to select each middle too... and often in Flexi, you can't even see the problem until you print the file... so again, photoshop is the place to fix this sort of thing if you have it.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Select the image> go to bitmap> make transparent.
Set your tolerance in Design Central and (select similar) to remove isolated background spots if needed.

petesign

If it's not really complex, you might be able to make a live trace in illustrator, otherwise, what they said in photoshop adjust curves or levels.

RG

I use the method suggested by Mike Paul. If you are dealing with text, hold down the shift key and select the white area inside of the text, until you have selected all of the white areas.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
If you use "select similar" it will automatically add the inside area of text so you don't have to do it manually.

iSign

Sorry I hit a Nerve, But I thought someone might Know a quick trick in Flexi!

don't mind Mosh...
these posts can help you learn, and help him learn too.. maybe he really does know it all... but he can still learn how to act...

or like me, maybe he knows enough to get through the day, but can still learn new tricks from these posts! :thumb: