• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JPEG ---> Vector

derekw13029

Yea because they are NOT brick and mortar, however every John or Jane Doe that has $500 along with the help from Signwarehouse is starting to make signs in their spare bedroom and low balling prices which is killing the industry.

This is only going to get worse. Makerbots, 3d printing, small DIY CNC Routers, and guys doing hydrographics in their bathtub will be the downfall.

Automation helps big guys just as much as it does the small-timers.

grdshute

Yea because they are NOT brick and mortar, however every John or Jane Doe that has $500 along with the help from Signwarehouse is starting to make signs in their spare bedroom and low balling prices which is killing the industry.

That's true. I don't think its as bad in England, but competition is still fierce over here

grdshute

Ok, back to the OP question:

The trick to using any AUTO TRACE program to convert a jpg to a clean vector image is to first clean up the jpg in Photoshop (or your photo editing software). Increase the contrast as best you can (whiter whites and blacker blacks), then I use Photoshop with the Perfect Resize plugin and enlarge the jpg image as big as possible and at the same time change it from 72dpi to 300dpi which matches Illustrator, then when you use your AUTIO TRACE function you will get a much cleaner and better result.

Remember the old saying garage in garbage out, so you have to feed AUTO TRACE the cleanest jpg image you can make.

Here is video showing how to clean up a jagged image in Photoshop before you AUTO TRACE the image.

Phototec thank you SO much for this!! Really appreciated!! :smile: