• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JRA-signsupplies sent the wrong item!

Geminis076

This is more of a complaint but I do have some questions. I broke my vow never to order supplies from eBay ever again after receiving poor quality material to save $$$ a few years ago. I kept seeing the name JRA (jra-signsupplies) here and on other forums, sounded trustworthy and well liked, their eBay store was recommend too and I had $5.00 eBay bucks so I went for it! Ordered a roll of clear application tape, package was delivered today but they sent paper application tape :Oops:.

I've been posting recently about my AT60 RTape not sticking to vinyl well, I need application tape right away, I have pending orders and this was to be my replacement.

This will take days to resolve and I need tape asap. There's a Fellers not far from me but they don't have the tape I would like to try out: Maintape PreView Plus medium tack clear tape. They have TransferRite Clear 1310 which I haven't tried but doesn't sound too bad. I want something that's similar to the RTape AT60, I know clear tape is not liked but it's the only application tape I have ever used and I like it. Based on searches and comments from other AT60 users it sounds like RTape has gone and changed something because the adhesive on my latest roll super sucks:frustrated:!

Anyone have experience ordering from JRA, especially with exchanging? Wondering if it will be a fast process or if I should order elsewhere as a back up and to hopefully get it sooner. I should have ordered from SignWarehouse, all this just to save $5.00 bucks :doh:.

CanuckSigns

do you really order your supplies off ebay? The thought would never even cross my mind. What would be the advantage besides "you had a coupon"?

TheSnowman

From what I hear, sign warehouse isn't much better now days. I ONLY deal with Advantage and Fellers. I've had two wrong items sent to me (wrong ink) in the past six years, and they both offered to overnight the correct item. I think it'd be wise to just forget this happened, and not worry about getting it corrected before ordering the next roll from a real company so that you can take care of YOUR customers.

Besides, both of those company's offer me free shipping because I order so much with them, so I save over $5 each time I order if you need that incentive.

Geminis076

do you really order your supplies off ebay? The thought would never even cross my mind. What would be the advantage besides "you had a coupon"?

No, I don't order my supplies from eBay. Years ago when I first started getting into decal making I ordered two cheap no name rolls of vinyl, but after that I now only order from well known businesses. I've never had an issue with SignWarehouse or USCutter. I need tape asap and though reluctant the eBay move seemed like the way to go. JRA has contacted me and they're overnighting the correct tape. If it's terrible tape I'll be sure to updated, but yes I too would not recommend eBay. We all relapse every now and then.

ucmj22

I have a roll of AT60 thats been sitting in the shop for over a year, but overnight to CA wouldnt help you out much