• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

jsi 24

ghetto_cowboy

Hiya guys,

I have a JSI 24" cutter and it seems to cut deeper on the left side, works great up till 15 inches or so wide then it starts to dig in a lil

anyone else had this prob? or know any solutions?

thanx
joshua

gvgraphics

The cut strip should last about 6 months or so depending on the amount you cut. What it sounds like is either the cut strip isnt flat or you have been cutting with too much pressure. Can you see cuts in the strip? Also check to see if it is flush all the way across the cutter.

ghetto_cowboy

ahh i did have a few probs with pressure and setting the blade right when it first came in, i'll have to give it a look after work
thanx for the help guys,
joshua

p.s. thanx for not flaming my cutter
:U Rock:

ghetto_cowboy

<--wife here, he went to work and I ordered a brand new cutting strip, well damn why didn't I think to just turn it over lol. Btw, how does it come out and how do you install a new one?

gvgraphics

they are held in by an adhesive. Pull the old one out and stick the new right in. Just make sure there is no residue or crap on the machine when you put the new one in. I clean mine with alcohol be for installing the new one.