• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Juice Drops & CorelX3....wats the scoop ?

Buddy

What was it someone said regarding Juice Drops & CorelDraw ?

I understand Juice Drops is intended for use with Adobe but will work with Corel.....with limitations.

What were the limitations when using Corel ?

thanks.........

RJ California

The advantage with working within PhotoShop would be the ability to manipulte each layer (or delete layers) of the image to get different effects. I believe that within Corel you will be working with a flat image, which will not be as easy to manipulate.

I have both programs but I have never tried to work with JuiceDrops in Corel X13 -- so maybe I'm full of cr-p.

mark in tx

Not to start a flamewar or anything, but if someone wants to spend the money for some product like juice drops, then why not spend the money for photoshop?

Buddy

We just spent $100 on JuiceDrops.....we have PS ver 6 & CorelX3.

Maybe that's good enough to get started....dunno.

How much is the latest greatest version of Photoshop ?

cdiesel

Buddy,

Most of the time, the juicedrops are fine the way they come from the factory. They come in a few different formats, including layered PSD, RGB tif and CMYK tif. You can import the flattened images straight into corel. You can then use them however you want, either powerclip them into something or use them for a wrap or whatever. You should be able to open them in the photoshop you have in case you want to manipulate at all, but you shouldn't really have to. Have fun!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I don't know about CorelDRAW X3 but you can certainly open a Photoshop PSD in Corel PhotoPaint and preserve all the layers. The only difference is that PhotoPaint calls them "Objects".

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
PSD's will open in CorelDraw (X3) as a group of objects. Each psd layer is treated as one object. Ungroup and you can mix and match - edit them in Photopaint as an OLe etc.

wayne k
guam usa

ChiknNutz

Yes, Corel PhotoPaint will open native PSD files, with all layers intact. The only drawback, is that some JuiceDrops use a transparency filter specific to Photoshop. The JuiceDrops will still open in layers, but some transparency effects may not look right in some cases.

RJ California

You can open open layered files in Corel Photopaint, but not Corel Draw, right? I forgot about PhotoPaint being a part of the X13 Suite, but it sure is.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
You can open open layered files in Corel Photopaint, but not Corel Draw, right? I forgot about PhotoPaint being a part of the X13 Suite, but it sure is.

Either Draw or Photopaint will open them.
When you select a psd you can expand the options in the import pop up window. You can flatten all the layers or have each layer come in as a bitmap object.
From there you can use Draw's limited bitmap editing tools or send it to Photopaint from within Draw. Edit and save in PP and it will update the open copy in Draw.
Works ok but alpha masks can get goofy at times.

wayne k
guam usa