• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jumping on the HP Latex bandwagon

kyjoe340

Matt,

Since the latex printer has a pretty high heat setting do you ever have issues with material shrinking up too much before you do the separate contour cut?

I appreciate your response earlier about being able to stack 2 sided prints. Right now I have to put a sheet of paper between prints off my Roland. This latex printer is looking better everyday.

Thanks,

Larry
I also have the Summa D140 plotter and it works great. I've been using the premium HP vinyl that came with my L25500 and the contour cut on decals is acceptable. I think the heating issue does throw off the registration slightly. I'm also having a very slight bowing of the print which throws off the contour cut on the central area of the vinyl. Now that I think of it, putting an extra set of reg marks in the middle may fix it. I've read a few posts on how to correct the bowing and I'm calling HP tomorrow to help make adjustments. I also have a Summa DC4 printer and if I contour cut with the D140 after laminating it's dead on, so the heat does effect it IMO.

Bly

I just got mine up and running.
It definitely looks promising but think some media might be a problem.
Polyester rollup banner material for one, but maybe there are other options not apparent right now.

Tim Aucoin

People have asked me on many occasions what I paid for my L25500 about a year ago (especially my fellow Canadians). Here are the original numbers. I know it may not be the best deal today, but a year ago, here in Canada, this was a very good deal! :thumb:

Attachments

• Kwik Kopy-HPLatex60-Oct.pdf
    134.9 KB · Views: 138

SignManiac

I can't justify upgrading at this time. I seldom use my Roland Soljet anymore and it still runs fine. I might have to replace a lt. cyan print head soon at a cost of $1,100. which I don't mind doing. The majority of our printing is done on the flatbed these days.

I do think latex is the way to go if you are on that decision making threshold however. When the time does finally come, I hope to be stepping up to the new generation of latex machines on the horizon. Good luck to all the new adopters and I hope all the new machines make you a ton of money!

ProColorGraphics

Matt,

Since the latex printer has a pretty high heat setting do you ever have issues with material shrinking up too much before you do the separate contour cut?

I appreciate your response earlier about being able to stack 2 sided prints. Right now I have to put a sheet of paper between prints off my Roland. This latex printer is looking better everyday.

Thanks,

Larry

That is probably the only issue that I have found with this printer. I have been able to adjust it to straighten out the print so that it will cut right. I have turned down the heat settings and that has helped as well. It just takes some fine tuning.

Suz

Yay Bly! Hmmmm on the Poly banner material. I'm struggling with it too. Other stuff is good so far though! Good luck! Keep us posted!

signswi - what is the price on that material you just said runs like a dream?

Tim, great info! I'm trying to figure a price per square foot to charge, so this will be helpful.

dennis j

Hi Doug,
Haven't talked to you in a quite awhile.
We just got a HP L25500 about a month ago. A surge went through our shop and fried a bunch of equipment our Roland was totally fried couldn't get some of the parts for a couple of months ordered a new VersaCamm found out that was back ordered too. I was going to go with a Mimaki then I found out about the HP when I did a search to see how people liked the HP I came across a bunch of posts here. Every one seemed to really like the machine so I thought I might just as well jump on the wagon so here I am.

cdiesel

I called Grimco this afternoon and was told the sale was off as of 9am this morning. They said they didn't know when they'd even be able to sell them again, and that there would be an announcement on a new model soon.

Congrats to those that got in on the deal!

quicksigns

I have an hp 8000 for about 4 years now. I could not fix the banding and not a lot of people could help me on here cause not a lot of ya'll have this machine. I promise myself not to buy another hp machine, but would only buy machine that most of ya'll on here have because there would be more help if I needed. Last thursday I was about to buy the Epson 6000gs because I heard great reviews for it several month back. I decided to check out this sight to see what everyones talking about now and all I can read is the hp l25500. I haven't heard anything negative about this machine except for the loading and the heat. I was at the New Orlean sign show 2 weeks ago looking at the epson printing and didn't even notice the hp. So basically what I'm saying is that I don't even know how this thing prints, but by going off from what i've read on here. I place in an order for an hp l25500 this morning before the deadline. My electrician will be at my shop tomorrow.

grafixemporium

I mulled it over. The deal seemed very sweet. I just couldn't pull the trigger on this one. The printer is only 12k... but then I'd have to buy Onyx. Then there's the higher cost of ownership. A 6 color machine means more cost of consumables... more ink AND more heads. So that puts us at $14k + higher cost of ownership. I can get another 60" Roland that I KNOW will do what I need it to do for $18k with a take up and rip. Our VP540 has just been too good to us. I honestly have ZERO complaints with our printer. The color gamut of the Roland 4 color ink set is phenomenal. I will need some serious convincing to jump on this HP bandwagon. And I will need to see more than a few months of print samples to sign off on the longevity of latex. Call me a skeptic.

cdiesel

We have had Rolands for seven years. We still have two. Had our big latex for almost six months... and I'm really hoping Grimco calls me back to say they've got a couple of extra units at the special price.

I don't buy the higher cost of consumables.. If you are using a 6 color set, it's going to print lc or lm in place of c or m.. not in addition to. The fact that heads are figured into the costs is nice. DX4 heads are around a grand each.