• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Junior Seau RIP

C

ColoPrinthead

Second player to shoot himself in the chest, leaving the brain for study. I hope this trend doesn't continue.

rjssigns

I wonder what is going on with that team. He is the eighth player under age 45 to die. Is this an anomaly? Seems no other teams have this issue. Wife and I thought this an odd situation.

thewood

Very sad. The first thing that came to mind when I heard this is Post-Concussion Syndrome.There have been similar suicides from former-NFL players recently.

10sacer

There was only 1 suicide like that recently - Dave Duerson from the Bears and he specifically left a note encouraging brain study. There was no note in Seau's case - so its not wise to speculate that he even committed suicide or that was the reason for the chest wound. If he did go out on his terms - then perhaps he just wanted his mother to have the option for an open casket funeral.

otctech

Very sad indeed.

The thing that annoys me about this whole concussion debate and generally making the game more and more like flag football in the name of safety is that there are people all over the country who do far more dangerous jobs for far less money. If a player is worried about his safety then pick a different career. Lately the NFL has been going overboard with safety and it has hurt the entertainment value of the game and even though there is no evidence to suggest that concussions had anything to do with this incident the media is already spinning it.

That being said it is very sad anytime anyone life is taken. He was one of the best to play the game, may he rest in peace.

thewood

There was only 1 suicide like that recently - Dave Duerson

And Ray Easterling just last month. I don't know that PCS had anything to do with any of the three recent suicides/deaths by former-NFL players. Like I said in my initial post, it was the first thing that came to mind when I heard of Seau's death.

Marlene

CNN showed his mom breaking down and it just ripped my heart out. so sad for those left behind.