• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just a FYI about a US Marshal scam going around

mim

0_o
I just wanted to warn people about a scam that involves people impersonating the US Marshal. They'll say they've intercepted a package with drugs, money and fake ID's in your name. Hang up if they call you! This is a horrible scam, they really had everything well planned out. They'll say "if you're nervous we can have your local police department reach out to you" and they will spoof your town police's number. An elderly family member just lost A LOT of money to this scam. I'm pretty much posting about it everywhere I can. Be careful!

gnubler

3 out of 5 calls that come through my business mobile show up as "Potential Spam". The few times I've decided to answer the call it is indeed spam, so I ignore them all. Some of them are actually humans who leave voicemails. Scum o' the earth.

JBurton

Signtologist
3 out of 5? Where are y'all getting such good odds? At&t is making me answer a dozen before one is legit.
F*ck banning assault rifles and trans folks, this is the real number one issue impacting our nation!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah.....................

crowd-looking-up.jpg

Scotchbrite

No comment
3 in 5 being spam is probably right for us, too. Many of the "potential spam" calls ring once and then go right to voice-mail before we can answer.

jochwat

Graphics Department
It would be more helpful for the mobile service provider to show a "Genuine Call" message when a real one comes through. No one real calls anymore. Even the texts are becoming more and more suspicious. Lately I get all of my customer leads from TikTok... for now.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Just got a call yesterday and some guy..... spoke perfect english and made sense on the phone, tell me that I qualify for a free inspection of my roof and if I qualify, free solar panels and if any roof work is needed they will foot the entire bill with nothing outta pocket. Instantly, when the work is finished, my electric bill is eliminated....... and nothing outta my pocket..... E V E R. He had people in our area and I told him to bring 2 pizzas with him when they come. He said, Okay. We'll see.

Last edited:

jochwat

Graphics Department
Just got a call yesterday and some guy..... spoke perfect english and made sense on the phone, tell me that I qualify for a free inspection of my roof and if I qualify, free solar panels and if any roof work is needed they will foot the entire bill with nothing outta pocket. Instantly, when the work is finished, my electric bill is eliminated....... and nothing outta my pocket..... E V E R. He had people in our area and I told him to bring 2 pizzas with him when they come. He said, Okay. We'll see.
Bring two pizzas? Are you going to have Chris Hansen there with you?