• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just another new guy!

JKADesigns

Oh, probably not. I came into this forum and asked a few questions and pretty much got laughed off of here. People on here aren't too impressed that a "lawn care" guy is on a "sign forum".... hey.... it's my internet wide username... and I Did mow lawns!

I'm impressed at the size of your shop- you have a lot of equipment in a small amount of space! I imagine you have a good retail location with a lot of traffic or is all of this in your backyard garage/basement?

"Split Transfer Taped" isn't the right way to explain what I'm trying to say... but do a search for registration marks. It's basically cutting your backing paper where the registration marks/cutting them out so you can align them precisely.

stripes

shop

Thanks Joeslawn, I do know what registration marks are, but getting them on the vinyl, clueless!!!

Yes the store is on the main st. in our town and we get lots of walk in traffic due to the fact that anyone wanting photo copies, business cards, custom decorated apparel or giftware (mousepads) etc... or signs would need to travel an hour to the next town.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Welcome From OK USA

Weeding the vinyl and lining it up is a good exersize for someone that is learning the trade. A temporary sign like that is easy to print. There are merchant members here that will print your signs for you. All you have to do is install them.

It is easy to spend the most part of a day putting together a sponsor sign. The Logo gathering and approvals are a big part of that time.

I'm guessing that the T-shirt was for the Ace hardware sponsor since you used their font.

stripes

sponsors

Welcome From OK USA

Weeding the vinyl and lining it up is a good exersize for someone that is learning the trade. A temporary sign like that is easy to print. There are merchant members here that will print your signs for you. All you have to do is install them.

It is easy to spend the most part of a day putting together a sponsor sign. The Logo gathering and approvals are a big part of that time.

I'm guessing that the T-shirt was for the Ace hardware sponsor since you used their font.

Ace hardware and 6 other companies on the sign are customers. As far as logos for the sponsors were concerned I already had approvals for use.
The Briscoe Plumbing design is the same one I used to letter 2 of his trucks.

WildWestDesigns

My whole shop is only 8'x20'. That holds computer etc... two photo copiers with saddle stitchers, epson 1400 printer, sales counter, heat press, brother 6 head embroidery machine, roland GX-24, and a 8'X8' display area for what we sell. So much for space.

We aren't too far off in type of equipment. The first two are the only ones that are different in general terms. I would agree, so much for space.

EricRamse

Welcome from NC

Definitely look into either some training on how to be more efficient at cut vinyl, but for a job like that you should find someone you can outsource to. That's an insane amount of time to just give away regardless of what they paid you for.
There's merchants on Signs101 that can do direct print to coroplast, you could find a local resource for full color adhesive vinyl to apply to the board. Looks like there's a place in Sudbury called Crocodile Printing, maybe talk to them about wholesaler pricing?

stripes

????

Welcome from NC

Definitely look into either some training on how to be more efficient at cut vinyl, but for a job like that you should find someone you can outsource to. That's an insane amount of time to just give away regardless of what they paid you for.
There's merchants on Signs101 that can do direct print to coroplast, you could find a local resource for full color adhesive vinyl to apply to the board. Looks like there's a place in Sudbury called Crocodile Printing, maybe talk to them about wholesaler pricing?

Hi Eric, please do not think me rude, However, How would I learn the trade if I sub out the work to someone such as Crocodile Printing whom might at some point in time also be competing against me? I absolutly agree that major training is in order though and that is why I am here!
Thanks for your input. David