• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just Another Newbie

alstaubin

Looking to get in on the ground floor and start a sign business. Planning on doing all kinds of research and what i have read on this forum looks great so far. No experience in this line and want to make sure before I jump in it. Looking to start part-time to supplement income and work it into full time. Seen a few start up packages on the net so far and thinking about going with a 24" printer, looking at about $3000 to $4000 to start.

Hope no one minds if I just read alot, not looking to be a pain with a lot of useless questions. The way I look at it most of the questions I have have probably been asked here tons of times and I take the time to tap the resources I will find them. Don't want to wear out my welcome.

Again what Ive see so far looks like ther is a lot of knowledge on this site. :thumb:

R08

Welcome.
Yup... lots of stuff to read for sure.
BTW What made you decide on a sign career?

Marlene

Hi from Vermont. You'll find a lot of good reading here and you might want to become a contributing member some times along the way as there are a lot of really good things going on in that section that might be a big help to you.

alstaubin

Welcome.
Yup... lots of stuff to read for sure.
BTW What made you decide on a sign career?

Currently work 3 jobs, with 2 kids just finishing college looking for a business that can be started in the home and grown from there. Something the the wife and I can do together. This seemed like a fitting for that and an interesting field to get into. I have a good friend that was in it for several years and am picking her brain for info. I know I have a lot to learn and am not going to jump into it until I develop a plan. Am also looking into some books and videos for information.

Thanks for all the suppport also.