• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just bought a Roland vp540, need an easy answer please

Zack Bunning

Okay, so i just purchased a used Roland vp540. Test print was perfect at the time of purchase, locked down the head and clamped the waste ink lines before transport. Brought it home and got it plugged in and everything, did a test print and the black was off a little, figured it was from the ride home and everything. Was going to do a few test prints to get the ink flowing good again, and do a quick clean on it, but my magenta ink cartridge is empty now and wont let me do a test print or clean on it. I was given a few extra black ink cartridges and some cleaning cartridges with the machine, but no extra magenta. I ordered all new cartridges, but wont be here for a few days. Is there anything that I should do before i receive my new cartridges? Or will my machine be okay until i receive the new ink?

Ra33it

Find a local supplier and go buy an ink cartridge asap, don't let your lines or head dry out.

Zack Bunning

Find a local supplier and go buy an ink cartridge asap, don't let your lines or head dry out.
That is my problem. I don't know of anywhere local that i can purchase any. Im located in Decatur, IL. Being that it is Veterans day today isnt making it easier either. I purchased a new set of each color last night and got overnight shipping on it, the supplier is about 2 hours away from me, but its still going to be atleast monday-tuesday before i get it in the mail. Do you think it will be fine? I also have the two cleaning cartridges on hand as well if there was a way i could use them to do a clean before i receieve my colors, but I do not know anything about those

Zack Bunning

I put back in the empty cartridge and got it to do 2 test prints and everything is back to normal now. The cartridge is completely empty now, do you think I will be okay for 2 days while i wait for a new cartridge?

Ra33it

I put back in the empty cartridge and got it to do 2 test prints and everything is back to normal now. The cartridge is completely empty now, do you think I will be okay for 2 days while i wait for a new cartridge?

If you absolutely can't get a cartridge anywhere then what wanderer suggested is good. You just don't want your heads to dry out. You don't want to let your line dry out either but thats less bad then your head drying out. And for reference you don't want your lines to remain empty for days, hours at most, so if you can't get ink there til tue don't be surprised if you have quality issues printing when you get it replaced.

sonnyphoto

Premium Subscriber
If you absolutely can't get a cartridge anywhere then what wanderer suggested is good. You just don't want your heads to dry out. You don't want to let your line dry out either but thats less bad then your head drying out. And for reference you don't want your lines to remain empty for days, hours at most, so if you can't get ink there til tue don't be surprised if you have quality issues printing when you get it replaced.
signoutletstore.com they are near you.

Broome Signs

put the cleaning flush cartrage in
take the damper off the head and pull the flush into the damper with a syringe
put back on the head and do a clean to flush out the old ink
when you get the new ink just repet the prosess

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have been running these machines for 15 years and fixing them for 10. You can leave a machine for many days without causing permanent damage. You might have to do some cleaning and maybe a head soak but the time it takes to get a new cartridge is not going to destroy your printer.