• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just bought a T-jet enlighten me please

grafixhenk

Just bough a used fast T-jet with the white ink and just wondering what to look out for , special tips and tricks etc. Can any T-jet owners enlighten me. Like to know as much as possible before we use it in production.

Thanks in advance

high impact

That's exactly what we thought! ROFLOL

You can PM me if you want my phone number and we'll talk tmrw. ;-) I've got a breakfast meeting in morning and have to go to bed.

high impact

Yes, she is. Hasn't gone yet though. She's actually doing remarkably well with it now and we are cranking out the jobs! ;-)

Air Art Girl

it's well worth it. It's a one dayer cramed packed. I flew down on a friday evening, class was all day Saturday, went home Saturday evening. They have a hotel shuttle and a shuttle to the class so no need to even rent a car. You invested in the machine, invest in the training or it will take you longer to just figure it out.

grafixhenk

First let me do the stuborn guy thing( I do not need help, I can do it myself!!) If that and all the help I can get on the forum fails I will have to make time to go back to school!!

Thanks so far for all the replies and Mark I will give you a buzz in the morning.

Thanks in advance

Air Art Girl

biggest thing to maintain it is to clean around the rubber edge of the capping station at the end of the day and remove and clean it on a weekly basis. US Screen has tons of support and videos. Hopefully you got the manuals with the printer. If you know SignLab the software will be a breeze. When printing on white shirts make sure your white color is P11. (P11 will not print any color so you will not print white) . There's your first lesson.

grafixhenk

Thanks for the first lesson Air Art Girl, just send me the bill !!the cleaning of the capping station etc will be no problem. From what I have seen so far just looks like a small flatbed mutoh system!

grafixhenk

I have everything with the printer, has a brand new printhead and cable. I orderd a capping station, pump, wiper etc. Will refubish the machine before putting it to work

grafixhenk

Maybe it does, but better safe than sorry. It is not that bad to replace those parts and it will prevent major headaches! Learned this a while back with our Mutoh, works perfect one day major problems the next. From then on every 6 months our Mutoh has had a brand new maintenance station and the system gets flushed. No more problems!

Air Art Girl

put steel ball bearings in the white ink bottle to help mix the pigment back into the liquid. Do your head checks on a piece of clear mylar so you can easily see the white print. clean it off with alcohol and reuse it. Been using the same sheet for over a year.

grafixhenk

put steel ball bearings in the white ink bottle to help mix the pigment back into the liquid. Do your head checks on a piece of clear mylar so you can easily see the white print. clean it off with alcohol and reuse it. Been using the same sheet for over a year.

Thanks for the tips!

FrankenSigns.biz

Speaking of direct to garment printers, has anyone seen or own a DTG? I demo'd one at the Charlotte Sign show the other week and was very impressed.

diirk

We've had a DTG HM-1 about a year now and have been pretty happy with it. Like anything, regular maintenance is the key.