Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just bought a zund cutter - potentially selling our old one

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Plotters' started by ForgeInc, Sep 7, 2012.

1. ForgeInc

ForgeInc Active Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Portland, Or
    So we just pulled the trigger on a new Zund G3 cutter, Score!

As such we are contemplating what to do with our current Gerber M3000 cutter/router. We bought it as a demo unit in April of last year, and have used the heck out of it since then. It was a great starter machine, but we do tons of routed acrylic and PETG and just found the router unit wasn't beefy enough/fast enough for us when up against deadlines so we ended up outsourcing a ton of that type of cutting.

That said we are considering using it to make all our custom boxes for shipping/kitting and as a backup machine, but also considering selling it. Just thought I'd post a quick thread to gauge interest to any 101 members who might be in the market for a used flatbed cutter/router. Hit me up if interested!

Tags:
  2. insignia

insignia Very Active Member

Do you have a ballpark on what you'd want to get for it? What options does it have? We've been considering one for a while...

3. ForgeInc

ForgeInc Active Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Portland, Or
    I have asked our production manager for a list of all it's options, I'll post when complete.

Also - PM sent!

4. ForgeInc

ForgeInc Active Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Portland, Or
    Here is a list of all the options we have to go with the machine:

drag knife
    recipricating (oscillating) knife - with adaptors for carbide blades and #11 hobby blades (exacto blades)
    sword knife
    45-degree bevel knife
    vinyl spring knife
    scoring tool - with 4 different adaptors for different materials and thicknesses
    router - with various bits

any questions or if interested shoot me a PM.