• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just bought the new ValueJet

Derf

I have a Mutoh 46" now and I have been skating in thin ice with maintenance and felt I need a back up printer, I have also been backed up on the printer 3 days to a week.

I bought it from sign warehouse with a take up and Flexi Pro 8 for the PC

I have the Mac version now 7.7v2 & 7.6 for the PC so I can't wait to get 8 for the PC so I can have all my printers and cutters going all at once! Mac Flexi only lets one job go at a time.

I was going to buy A CNC but that will need to wait until next year because the print end of the business is so good it's backing us up.

Rat_Fink

I have been thinking of upgraing to the valuejet (I have the outdoor junior right now).
Let me know if it will be a good move for me.

THanks
Mike

chopper

hey Derf,
is that machine a print and cut or just print?
also why did you choose the value jet over a mamaki or roland etc.?
just wondering why you decided to use that printer vers the others
thanks//chopper

Bradster941

Derf, be advised that if your switching over from Mac to PCs, do Not get Vista as the os on them as Flexi will not work. You will need Windows XP.

Derf

Derf, be advised that if your switching over from Mac to PCs, do Not get Vista as the os on them as Flexi will not work. You will need Windows XP.

I have a PC set up for just Production work. It has WinXP Service pack one only.

I will still use the MAC for cutting and printing But it will be nice to have additional work stations.

hey Derf,
is that machine a print and cut or just print?
also why did you choose the value jet over a mamaki or roland etc.?
just wondering why you decided to use that printer vers the others
thanks//chopper

Just print! Well I thought about it long and hard because by Mutoh 46" had some rocky moments and had me pissed off at Calgraph. Mutoh did step up to the plate and provide me with some parts after the warranty was over. I had to fix it my self but they did step up to the plate.. Also the machine has not broken down after I fixed it correctly.

The new value jet prints a full 48, it only has four colors to inventory, it only has one head to break and fix, ( I like less parts )

And I got a great deal from S.W.

Most of the printers have the same parts so your buying support, and some technology implemented into the printer by the manufacture. The support from GEI Calgraph sucks but I don't need it.. I can fix it my self once the warranty is over. So I guess it came down to price too. this printer seems to give you the quickest return on your investment...

Matt Cuellar

I think out of all the entry to mid-level solvent printers on the market, the VJ definitely gives you a quicker ROI. Also, it's so much less hassle and cleaning than other printers, I absolutely love it! Less maintenance and headache is fine by me!

Matt

quikseps

I was also thinking about a second less costly printer but aren't these Valuejets unbearably slow???? Also, where does one get 51" material? Seems kind of odd to me the machine can't at least load 54" rolls. What's up with that?

Would really like another XC-540 but that's $30k.

Matt Cuellar

Bigger size = bigger cost, at least that's what I think. Mutoh was very insistant about keeping the 48" printer under $15k, which is very attractive to small businesses!

In regards to material, I think you'd be surprised how many vendors offer 48 & 51" material. Though it's not "standard," it's also not obsolete.

The printer is actually quite fast for the money...130 sq/ft hour is not too slow in mind, not to mention, the quality cannot be touched, even by the Rolands and Mimakis and HPs. The i2 wave technology is cutting edge and I think this printer will have a lock in the market for several years to come. But that's just 1 man's opinion. =0)

Matt

quikseps

I'd be very interested in seeing how good the output is on realistic images in the 140 sf per hour setting. Samples from manufacturers can't be trusted though! LOL!

I bet image quality isn't "great" unless its run in the 4 pass mode which is 70 sf per hour.

Gotta admit though...for less than $15,000 it doesn't look too bad. If I bought one, I'd probably get annoyed since I got a bit spoiled with my current printer.

I'd be more than happy to pay for a photographic decal printed on one of these at the 140 sf speed.

Urban Image

I run a VJ in our showroom and I don't use any setting other than 140 sfph unless it is for a photographer or artist. I usually put it at 4 pass for that. It's the I2 print pattern that lets it print good at its top speed.

Also, I only run 48" media on it. Not hard to find at all. False notion. Anyone who offers the VJ offers 48" media and so do other companies. I would only suggest buying media from a company that is familiar with the printer you use, anyway.

Derf

50" Media is easy to find so is 50" laminate. However 48-52" banners factory cut in not so easy to find!

This printer will print way faster than the one I have so it will seem fast to me. also with two printers the production will be doubled anyway.