• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just finished logo design

Circleville Signs

Just finished and received final approval for this logo. Thought I'd share!

Attachments

• 1Color.png
    1Color.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 108
  • FullColor.png
    FullColor.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 113

Circleville Signs

Yup. It's CWG. I had about 5 other concepts that I liked better, but this is what they ended up liking. It is light years ahead of what they had before....CWG is athletic block font on a circle with a clipart mower underneath it.

1/2-4CR3

In the words of the Mighty Sir Charles "Shut-Up-And-Jam" Barkley.

"That's Turrible!"

Attachments

• turrible.jpeg
    turrible.jpeg
    139.5 KB · Views: 95
Why not just do something like this? It's bold, professional, simple, and passes the squint test from 100 yards away. The construction of your letters is lacking. If people have to ask "Is it CWG?", that should raise an immediate red flag.

Attachments

• CWG copy.jpg
    CWG copy.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 107

Circleville Signs

I guess I didn't put this in the right spot :smile:

I wasn't looking for critiques or suggestions. This is a done deal. I was simply posting a finished project. It wasn't my favorite concept either, but it's what the client decided to go with. This was probably the 3rd best option of the 7 that I presented them with (IMO).

phototec

The construction of your letters is lacking. If people have to ask "Is it CWG?", that should raise an immediate red flag.

Ok if you don't want critiques or suggestions, I will not rate how low your design places on a scale from 1 to 10, but I would like to remind you that when you bow down to you customer's wants and not to what would work best for them in the long run, you are failing you customer and NOT doing them any favors, also you are NOT doing justice for your reputation as a good designer.

It's your job to make them look professional, that's why the come to you, that logo design does not make the grade.

:omg: You have the right to post, I have a right to make a comment.

Circleville Signs

When I get to my computer I will post a few other ideas that were given to them. However, I would also have to disagree with some of the comments given here, and that's ok :smile:

I don't believe that this is a terrible design. I don't believe it does a disservice to the client. I believe that it is a different style than most signmakers would come up with, and because of that it's getting blasted.

Don't get me wrong - there are times when I am plenty "honest" about what I see posted here, especially when they are asking for feedback, or there is serious design principle related issues with what is posted.

However "I don't like that" does not equate to "does a disservice to the customer".

Others have posted that there are a select few folks around here who could post a stylized image of a pile of dog crap and we would see 5 pages of "kudos!!!" as response. Anyone else that posts something gets blasted, regardless of the quality of what they post. I'm starting to understand that sentiment....

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Must be just me, but for some reason when I brought up the full sized image it displayed with a black background and now I am seeing something naughty there....

I really need to check myself into a clinic or something.

wayne k
guam usa

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
It definantly works. My only technical issues is in the C and G as the thickness of the vertical elements in both those 2 letters are not even width like the others, I would probably have extended the bar in the G inward to make it a little more recognizable. But that is me being anal retentive. ... good job, now onto the next project right?

1/2-4CR3

I don't believe that this is a terrible design. I don't believe it does a disservice to the client. I believe that it is a different style than most signmakers would come up with, and because of that it's getting blasted.
However "I don't like that" does not equate to "does a disservice to the customer".

You're getting "blasted" as you would call it because its bad. Oh and you spelled "turrible" wrong.

Others have posted that there are a select few folks around here who could post a stylized image of a pile of dog crap and we would see 5 pages of "kudos!!!" as response. Anyone else that posts something gets blasted, regardless of the quality of what they post. I'm starting to understand that sentiment....

Ouch, taking shots at Jillbeans now are we?

Marlene

I did miss the "W" but overall, it looks nice. I like a simple leaf. combined with the colors, it clearly states what the company does.

You're getting "blasted" as you would call it because its bad.

it isn't bad at all. we have seen bad around here and that sure isn't amoung what most of us call bad at all.