• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just for fun...has anyone made a video on the entire sign/decal process?

Stacey K

I like making signs
Don't forget you have to have some form of receipt. You have to create a job ticket for billing or accounting purposes. Have to save file in your system and have some way to find it again.
People think you are their secretary. Come in 4 years later and want a few more. What you don't have my file/artwork you just did it.
You are 100% right! This is the reason we have minimums...no matter what it is there is at least 15 minutes of "bookwork" involved.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Me and my boyfriends son in law want to create a youtube channel on what goes on in our shop. Mainly because I think we have an interesting little crew around here. And my boyfriend is so deadpan funny with the stuff he comes up with. I hate the videos where people with wrap a mirror and they get it to a point and then video the last part and say, "it just wraps itself".

I always say there's a minimum to a decal. it's $25. no matter what size. Then I will put you in on a print run.
We had a police officer who came in and wanted reflective decals for his motorocycle and helmet. He tried to influence us with, "i'm a police officer so you can cut me a deal." While I'm nice, money is money and reflective is expensive, hard to come by right now, and tears up a blade. This dude wanted me to give him a deal on about 4 stickers out of reflective when that would have been the only thing on that print run. nope, sorry, not even for a police officer.
I have the same rule on the decals! And depending on the job and the person it jumps to $50.

Again - this is just out of curiosity. I have a storefront and get many, many requests for small walk in decals, the majority of which I turn down. It's a small town and I feel that sometimes "word gets around" that I'm too expensive or "lazy" or "too busy". It's sometimes difficult to explain to people the reason "why" and that it's not just a press of the print button and a $2 charge. I was considering making a video of the process and explaining how the pricing is generally set-up, why there is a minimum charge and what that charge includes and posting it on my FB page for something fun. We have a couple businesses in the area that do some videos on certain things and I always find it fascinating that there's more to a process that meets the eye. I get motivated to share more on FB because of Patriot Works and all of his homemade videos.

Kind of like a "where does my decal come from" kind of video.

Do you think people might find this interesting if done in a positive way or is this a waste of time?
Idk, the video would be probably 3 min? Have to think how long are people's attention span these days? So the customer might think it will only take 3 min. Only people like us understand how many micro steps its takes to step things up. I always say, it's not like a vending machine, you put a nickel in and it comes out...they look at you like, huh?

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
BTW, how is everyone's work week going? Today is Wednesday and I say, everyone wakes up around 4pm and decides, I need my job by the weekend so when can I pick up my order. *rolls eyes and sighs here comes the circus.
Well, at least they are realizing it on Wednesday! Our customers usually figure out they need something for the weekend on Thursday afternoon - or Friday morning. :doh: