• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just got a strange question....

stickamain

How well will an eco-solvent printed banner hold up to salt-water? Apparently they want a banner that they can take pictures with in the ocean... under the water. Not sure if Pacific, Atlantic or Gulf will make a diff ;)

Tony McD

I really have no idea, but how large will the banner be, and is it for just one photo shoot?
If they rinse it off after using it, it would probably hold up pretty well.
Maybe laminate or a clearcoat like Frogjuice would help from scrubbing the ink off.
Could encapsulate the print with 1/4" overlap of laminate all around the edge to seal it up.

2B

make a salt water solution and put a piece of printed banner in it.

I can't think of a reason why short term would be affected. just make sure you keep it clean when not in use ( fresh water and dry before rolling up)

CanuckSigns

I've laminated scrim banner in the past with a standard 3mil laminate, no issues. I would laminate for piece of mind.