• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just got the Roland Tru VIS MG UV, considering air scrubber for smell does it work?

josephF

Fair call regarding the inline fan. The Health Pro Plus is a bit cheaper than the GC Multigas, I emailed an Australian seller of these units to ask a few questions. The units seem well priced compared to many that a crazy expensive as you said ($6-$12k)!

This might not be the best setup in the world, but I ran the machine without the filter or the inline fan and it was headache central. Once I got the inline fan the headaches stopped and the smells ended for me. Every now and then I might get a whiff but compared to nothing it is night and day difference. The filter was just to make sure that nothing was left behind that the inline fan missed. I imagine a total room scrubber is probably better but I run my shop out of a room in my home. If I had a professional shop it would be a completely different thing. I would have the printer in its own closed off room with a scrubber in there so I wasn't even around it.

This might not be the best setup in the world, but I ran the machine without the filter or the inline fan and it was headache central. Once I got the inline fan the headaches stopped and the smells ended for me. Every now and then I might get a whiff but compared to nothing it is night and day difference. The filter was just to make sure that nothing was left behind that the inline fan missed. I imagine a total room scrubber is probably better but I run my shop out of a room in my home. If I had a professional shop it would be a completely different thing. I would have the printer in its own closed off room with a scrubber in there so I wasn't even around it.
I'm in a similar boat, small workshop and fitting out with large ducted systmes is not viable (I did have in my last workshop for screen printing a while back). Thanks again for your help Joseph I will make some enquiries!

josephF

I'm in a similar boat, small workshop and fitting out with large ducted systmes is not viable (I did have in my last workshop for screen printing a while back). Thanks again for your help Joseph I will make some enquiries!
How did it go? I had another friend ask me for the part that goes under the machine. I was looking and I think all of the under attachment plates are standardized, friend wants me to sell him one... I might figure out a way to make it fit under all the machines with a slim design or something.

How did it go? I had another friend ask me for the part that goes under the machine. I was looking and I think all of the under attachment plates are standardized, friend wants me to sell him one... I might figure out a way to make it fit under all the machines with a slim design or something.
Still collecting parts to make it, have bought a decent IQ Air unit in the meantime from a distributor here in Australia.