• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just got this beauty in today.

nikdoobs

They could at least make the grid perspective match the rectangle that its contained in.

So is this gonna be like a food truck except with coffee?

Kottwitz-Graphics

Print, laminate, install, collect check. Smile and wave as another satisfied customer drives away.

Except when his friends, family, and various other people ask who did it, and he gives them your name...I'd pass all the way around. I'd just tell him that I was too busy, but [insert the name of the local hack / shop that you don't like ] could probably do it for you.

He's getting it outfitted here. The truck is operating about 5 states away from my shop. Even with that I thought about suggesting to put the name of the designer somewhere on the truck, for um.... publicity and/or warning.

So I think that's far enough.... I really should start a wall of shame.

Except when his friends, family, and various other people ask who did it, and he gives them your name...I'd pass all the way around. I'd just tell him that I was too busy, but [insert the name of the local hack / shop that you don't like ] could probably do it for you.

Joe Diaz

ya do know YOUR in the design business???..........now ifin' your good at design, why not whip up a couple of WAY BETTER LOOKIN logos.......and tell him he coulda had one of these..............for just a little more gidas, mola, simolios(money)heheheheheehehehe

I cannot even tell you how many times "whippin" up a couple of better designs, in the hope that the client might pick yours instead, has back fired. I used to do that early on but not anymore. Best case scenario: they like it, want it, but when it comes time to pay for it they don't understand why it should cost extra... after all, we "whipped it up". Worst case scenario they don't pick yours and you wasted your time... and that actually happens more than you would think. I mean if they cannot see that this design is horrible, there is a really good chance that they wouldn't know a good design if they saw it. In a case like this, I wouldn't do any type of design work unless I sold them on it first and they agreed to hire and pay us to redo their design. If they don't want it, then just do the job as is, get paid, ask them to not tell people you did the design work and move on to the next one.

rjssigns

Odd thing is bashing a business doesn't work like that. Ever hear the phrase: Ya can't tell nobody nuthin'. I have seen this thousands of times in my life.

Someone asks about a business, you quote chapter and verse using factual information why they shouldn't go there and guess what?

They go their anyway, get bent over then whine about getting a bad deal. Then you do this:banghead: wondering why you ever wasted your time telling them when they asked.

It is a never ending cycle.

If you are truly honest with yourself you know of at least a couple businesses in your town with shady dealings. You wonder how they stay open with their horrid reputation. Yet they do.

There is a flip side to this too. The owner of said graphic will be soaked to the ankles and tell his buds what a good guy you are to deal with.

He'll tell them you didn't try to be the graphic police and weren't insulting his design.

He'll go on to tell his friends you knocked it out on time and on budget as promised and all future work will go through you.

I have given up trying to figure out what goes through peoples heads. Collecting checks is much more fun.

shoresigns

I cannot even tell you how many times "whippin" up a couple of better designs, in the hope that the client might pick yours instead, has back fired. I used to do that early on but not anymore. Best case scenario: they like it, want it, but when it comes time to pay for it they don't understand why it should cost extra... after all, we "whipped it up". Worst case scenario they don't pick yours and you wasted your time... and that actually happens more than you would think. I mean if they cannot see that this design is horrible, there is a really good chance that they wouldn't know a good design if they saw it. In a case like this, I wouldn't do any type of design work unless I sold them on it first and they agreed to hire and pay us to redo their design. If they don't want it, then just do the job as is, get paid, ask them to not tell people you did the design work and move on to the next one.

Agreed. Why would you waste your time doing the skilled work that you're supposed to get paid for, for a LEAD that isn't a job yet? Show them some work you've already done for other clients, if you want to sell them a new design.