• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just had it serviced! Now what!

veloxgraphics

Just had Roland out a month ago to replace the black print head, caps, wipers, etc on my SP300V, and already have a nozzle not firing, and another that's deflecting pretty bad.

My local dealer isnt so local and they hate answering the phone.. anyone know if there's a warranty on printheads that were put in by a roland tech?

Thanks!

Did you have a head crash? If the print head is damaged it is not covered, but if the head is defective then Yes it is covered. It's like running your car into a tree and asking Ford for a new bumper...doesn't happen, but if the bumper has a defect under warranty then yes.

veloxgraphics

What would the head be striking? Running 2.5 mil vinyl through it only. Could it be hitting the media guide feet? Hrm. I moved the head manually over them and there seems to be tons of clearance...

It sounds like your caps are not aligned with the heads... At times the media can wrinkle on the edge (if not using the media clamps, media not fed correctly, or pinch rollers worn out) and the heads can strike the edge of the media hard enough to cause damage. Most likely your caps are not aligned. You can use a flashlight and watch as the caps move to the heads...are the caps centered on the heads or are they off to one side? Your dealer can talk over the phone how to align the caps...pretty easy.... really.

veloxgraphics

Yeah, it's affecting my prints... Pretty much any spot color that uses black ink has banding. I took the metal media feet off and at the very tip where they curve up, there's hella ink on them. I also "massaged" my new black/cyan print head with a tek-swab with solvent on it... now the nozzles are working again. *whew*

Trying to decide now if i should try running without the media guides... since they were put there for a reason i'll be ordering new ones since the old ones may be tweaked... but production must go on...

schurms

So you had one nozzle deflecting and one not firing and you had banding.......... never saw that before...........